Looking for basic gidelines on home autonomous system with xbee and mkr1000

Hi everybody.

since this is my first post here: Call me Mike. I am no Pro but i was able to setup with arduino a autonomous garden watering system with webinterface and a small weather-station with display.

This post i related to a new project i habe in mind. Remote light switch with xbee to turn on or off lights.
I do not ask for a complete projet guide or coding, instead i would be glad to gather some basic informations to start of the right way.

• xBee:
    i am new to xBee. i understood, that there are different types of transmission. what should be my choice to create a remote switch out of battery, xBee and a button (without Arduoni board)? i don’t know if it is possible to just send 1 signal to the reciever everytime the butten is pushed by letting the button connect battery with the xBee

• Relay:
    i would like to “remember” the relays last state in case of a power fail. i see to possibilities:
    save the present state on a SD kard (mkr1000 got no solid state memory) or use a more expensive kind of relay. do you have any experiance on this?

and please, no comment on the attached file :slight_smile: it is not a correct layout, but should only help to get an idea of whta i want to do.

since this is my first post here: Call me Mike.

When you post again, what do you want us to call you then?

i don't know if it is possible to just send 1 signal to the reciever everytime the butten is pushed by letting the button connect battery with the xBee

The XBee is a microcontroller and a radio in one tiny package. Yes, this is possible. Switches are easier to use than buttons.

If there is ONE sender and ONE receiver, the Series 1 (point to point) models are easier to configure and comprehend. If there is any possibility that you will want more than one sender, then the Series 2 (mesh network) models are better. The Series 1 models can not communicate with the Series 2 models, so if you get the Series 1 models and later change your mind, you'll be replacing the first two devices, not just adding a third device.

it is not a correct layout

Then why did you bother posting it? That's like a guy going to a barbershop with a picture of an 80 year old lady and saying I want a haircut, but not like this.