looking for better consumption

Hi. I am working in a project when I have one 28BYJ-48 steeper motor, one LiquidCristal_16x2 and one atmega328PB. I am trying to use the minimum current possible. right now when the display backlight is turn OFF and the motor is not running I have 20mA but when both are ON the consumption is 290mA. Is possible to save some power?

Hi. I am working in a project when I have one 28BYJ-48 steeper motor, one LiquidCristal_16x2 and one atmega328PB. I am trying to use the minimum current possible. right now when the display backlight is turn OFF and the motor is not running I have 20mA but when both are ON the consumption is 290mA. Is possible to save some power?

“Energy can neither be created nor destroyed…”

Yes, it is possible. Don’t run the stepper motor. Or dim the LCD.

Review Ohm’s Law: ILOAD = VLOAD/RLOAD

Can you see any way to change V or R ? (You could lower the voltage to everything but that will affect performance)

Can you change the internal resistance of the ATmega328 ? (or the stepper motor ? or the LCD ?)

I have seen an LCD PWMed but it tends to flicker. You can’t PWM the stepper motor because it doesn’t
work that way.

So, no , I can’t really see any way to reduce power without changing what you are doing.
You want to save power, do less.
(FYI, you didn’t ask about SLEEP mode so I assume that’s not what you are interested in)

George Ohms lab notebook

For the record, if this project were for work and in the design phase , and someone asked the question
you are asking, the discussion that followed would involve the question of whether or not a stepper motor was available that had a lower power consumption yet was still able to meet the torque and speed requirements. Answering that question could take weeks.

The motor is either on or off. However, the display and the Arduino can be put to sleep and consume negligible current.

Here is an excellent tutorial on sleep modes.

but when both are ON the consumption is 290mA. Is possible to save some power?

Based on the above statement by the OP, the question appears to be can he save some power when both are on (not when they are asleep), so sleep mode would not appear to be relevant in this case.