Looking for co-founder for startup

Hi, I'm looking for someone well-versed in IOT and able to help me build a prototype for a startup.

Equity stake and profit sharing.

Can communicate on whatsapp if necessary +65 90692274

Cheers.

Lim

Can communicate on whatsapp if necessary +65 90692274

I can't. But, before I suggest alternative ways, I need a clue as to whether or not I'm interested.

What is this product supposed to do?

I need this to be built, but with these requirements:

1. suitably life-sized, to perform tasks a general manual worker can do
  2. able to lift weights of around 5 to 10 kg
  3. remotely controlled via Internet
  4. cost within US$3000

Any possibility?

Your advice is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Any possibility?

1. cost within US$3000

Not a chance.

"Able to lift 5 to 10 kg" moves you out of the hobby servo range, and into big stepper motors with big stepper motor drivers and big power supplies. And, moves you out of the hobby price range.

1. suitably life-sized, to perform tasks a general manual worker can do

Have you looked at commercial robot arms? There is a good reason why they don't come with hands.

would such a motor suffice?

Good point about the industrial robot arms!

Say if I want to get one built but with just pincers instead, how's the feasibility?

The idea is to enable outsourcing of labour, allowing workers in one city to perform manual work in another city via the internet.

would such a motor suffice?

For what? While that page shows the torque that the motor can develop, it says nothing about how big the motor is. And, you have not said what role that motor will play.

The page does not link to a suitable driver or power supply, either.

Say if I want to get one built but with just pincers instead, how's the feasibility?

The desktop robot arm we use at work is this one:

It can manage the required weight, can be equipped with a variety of end-effectors, and can be controlled from a PC. Since it can be controlled by a PC, a web-based application could be built to drive it.

However, it is a rather complicated process of getting data, in a form that a robot controller understands, from a web-based user interface.

And, while that page does not show prices, that robot set us back about 8 times what you are hoping to make a profit selling your robot for.

so i see, thanks for your advice, cheers.