Looking for help

This is probably not the type of request you are used to here but I thought I should give it a shot.

I am not a maker but I have a concept and I am looking for someone to help me bring it to life. The basic building block is a smart plug. If you are interested/willing to help, please feel free to send me a message or post a reply.

Thank you all for your consideration and time.

If you are looking for someone to collaborate with you, use the Report to Moderator link and ask that your post be moved to Gigs and Collaboration.

Christinee:
The basic building block is a smart plug.

You might get more response (either here or if you ask for it to be moved as PaulS suggests) if you describe what smart plug actually means, even in broad terms without giving away any trade secrets :wink:

Thank you. I will request for it to be moved to gigs and collaboration.

Thread moved as requested.

A mains electrical plug ?
You may find, on further investigation, that your idea may have already been realized or can be achieved by a simple adaption of an existing product. Lots of "Home Automation" solutions are already produced. Anyway, maybe give more details here.

6v6gt:

I forgot to let the water out of the bath this morning: I'd be keen on something that sensed I was out of the water and remove the plug.

On the morning after "The Gales" in October 1987 when we had no power and only a very small amount of hot water, and the oil burner couldn't light with no power, I ran a bath with no plug in and what little hot water we had went down the drain. I'd go for something that sensed the water was running and put the plug in.

That's what I'd call a smart plug.

6v6gt:
You may find, on further investigation, that your idea may have already been realized or can be achieved by a simple adaption of an existing product. Lots of "Home Automation" solutions are already produced. Anyway, maybe give more details here.

For sure. This would be an adaptation of an amazon or wemo smart plug.

I am looking for someone to talk through the idea with on the phone and who can help me build a prototype.