Looking for LiPo charger AND booster

Hello everyone,

The "Arduino Pro Mini" can be powered by a 3.7V liPo but it won't be VERY reliable if you use a liPo at about 3.2V..

So you would want to use a step up converter so the output of the battery gets boosted to 5V..

When you used the battery for quite some time, you want to charge it, right?

I buy all the small components from the cheapest supplier on ebay, so I can get the voltage booster for about $1.50..

If I want a LiPo charger it's about the same price..

Now I want 1 item that does both of these things.. Boost the voltage AND charge the battery..

Searching for this item I only get in the range of $10..

Can someone explain why they can't just "melt" these two parts together for like say $3?

I've been looking everywhere, so maybe my keywoards are wrong, or i'm not really understanding the item(s) I need??

Thanks in advance! Grts, Niels

So I will post the links of the items I bought:

5v voltage booster : DC-DC Booster Module USB

5v lipo charger: 5V Mini USB 1A Lithium Battery Charging

DIY Power Cell Charger Booster Battery Charger Module

Can someone explain why they can't just "melt" these two parts together for like say $3?

Probably because of the law of supply and demand. Anyone who can afford lipo batteries for a hobby can afford to pay more for a charger. Charging a lipo safely is a tricky operation. It's possible this added complexity adds to the cost.

Truthfully, I am not familiar with the "melting" process. Is that something you came up with ? Can you describe how exactly that is done ?