Looking For MIDI Converter Alternatives For Latest Version of Mac

Hi folks,

I am currently working on a school project that required MIDI converter to translate my LDR sensor input from Arduino into MIDI signals, so that I can redirect these MIDI signals into my audio software LMMS to make a music piece. I have work out the circuits and codings, but stuck in the steps of finding a workable MIDI converter for my Mac.

The version of Mac I am currently using is MacOS Big Sur 11.2.2. I tried Hairless, Serial - MIDI Converter: v2d, and ardrumo, none of this seemed to work. So, I was wondering if there is any alternatives that works for this version of Mac?

Thanks!

It is well known that the last two Mac operating systems broke a lot of stuff because the support for 32 bit applications has been dropped.

All I can suggest is that you get a USB to MIDI lead and output stuff from your Arduino from a serial port with a MIDI configuration.

Just a bit of a long shot as I haven’t upgraded my Mac to a none 32 bit OS.

What about the Audio MIDI setup application? Has that changed to present a serial input as a MIDI port?

Then there is this link about a Python script to do it:-

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.