looking for Switches <20g

Hi there, i've been searching for quite a while for very sensitive switches. Unfortunatly i wasn't that successful. I'm looking for switches whicj react to very low force. I'm talking about 0.1 to 0.2 n.

If someone could give me some hints. I'd be very thankful. I attached some I alreasy have. but i need about 10. Best Would be 10 Times the same one.

|500x281

smaresh: I attached some I alreasy have.

Did you? How?

fixed it

What about infrared beam break, infrared proximity sensor or similar instead of relying on weight to trigger the switch ?

did't think about ir Sensors. are there some small sized. and the most important point whould i need more i/o Pins to operate.

Here is one that is quite small. https://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/QRE1113-D.PDF. Do you need to know which (of the ~10) devices detected the object ? Is your system battery powered (could affect your strategy for powering the leds) ?

Hi, What is the application that can only provide that low level of force?

Thanks.. Tom.. :)

Im Not using battery, so Power consumptions should not be a Problem.

Im trying to check If there is small Box of Plastik (20g) on a certain slot, or of the slot is empty.

smaresh: Im Not using battery, so Power consumptions should not be a Problem.

Im trying to check If there is small Box of Plastik (20g) on a certain slot, or of the slot is empty.

So an LED and a phototransistor or LDR either side of the slot would work? Tom... :)

Yeah would work too, using small switches like shown in the picture is way more simple. Its Kind of strange that it seems that theese kind of switches are so hard to find...

smaresh: Its Kind of strange that it seems that these kind of switches are so hard to find...

Is it really?

Note carefully: This is a link!

maybe i overlooked something. but i cant find any Information about needed force to activate. There are thousands of switches like that but mostly above 1n

Digikey has an "operating force" selection option.

wvmarle: Digikey has an "operating force" selection option.

thank you. buityful

wvmarle: Digikey has an "operating force" selection option.

Which indicates that most of the lever action microswitches, such as the sort I illustrated, are rated at between 100 and 200 mN.

Give me the 2½ weeks to get the pack I ordered on eBay and I will measure them for you! :grinning:

You can always use a longer lever for lower force.

Paul__B: Which indicates that most of the lever action microswitches, such as the sort I illustrated, are rated at between 100 and 200 mN. Give me the 2½ weeks to get the pack I ordered on eBay and I will measure them for you! :grinning:

OK, it is now 2½ weeks and they arrived yesterday.

These ones are the standard "microswitch" size (well small microswitch, not the really old ones), and sampling one only measured at 123 g so about 1.2 N - as stated in #11.

I do think the really small ones with a long wire lever would however fit the OP's criterion.

Like these: |500x500

Search terms seem to be "microswitch" plus "limit" or "mouse" or "ultra mini".

Chasing up some more of these out of curiosity. :grinning: