Looking for website to interface with Arduino with WIFI

I need the communities help. I am currently working on an engineering project that will require my team to access and control the Arduino from a webpage that can be accessed from any computer (Not just a computer on the same network). The goal is to take the computer out of the picture from the project, so that the device could send and read variables from a custom website. The device would use a WiFi card connected to a home network. Does this exist? Is there a tutorial that I could use to be able to develop a custom website that can send and receive data from the Arduino through a WiFi shield that does not require it to be connected to the computer?

I know there are several websites that offer reading of pins but I would like to be able to pass variables. I am totally down for using a website if it provides the ability to pass variables and not just pin control.

Because of intellectual property rights I can not post the code or the design. I am just looking for someone to be able to point me in the right direction to get me started.

Thanks

Because of intellectual property rights I can not post the code or the design. I am just looking for someone to be able to point me in the right direction to get me started.

Reading of the hundreds of previous post in this forum on similar subjects should get you started. Perhaps put wifi in the upper right hand search box.