Looking for WS2811 library

Hi All,

I'm looking for a library for controlling WS2811 led strip. I tried with FastLED but it seems to be too complex and lack of some functions what I need. My purpose is just change of color and making some effects and having ability to change speed of effects. Anyone knows other library which is suitable for my purpose. Thanks in advance.

Really, FastLED...

What did you find complex?

And what on earth can you miss in a library like that? You can set every pixel in RGB and HSV and is as fast as it can possible get.

Try the Neopixel library from Adafruit.com

septillion:
What did you find complex?

Can't explain exactly but I felt diffecult to use it.

CrossRoads:
Try the Neopixel library from Adafruit.com

Thank you. I'll try

What’s difficult about it?

1. Include library
  2. Make a CRGB object per led
  3. add that to FastLED (FastLED.addLeds<>())
  4. Set the leds (via CRGB objects) whatever color you want in every why you possible want (all, RGB, HSV, presets etc)
  5. call FastLED.show() to output it
  6. repeat from 4 to make effects

In my opinion THE most complete library to drive pixels. Especially the implementation of HSV which is the best way to control the color is great and most other libraries lack that.

septillion:
What’s difficult about it?

1. Include library
  2. Make a CRGB object per led
  3. add that to FastLED (FastLED.addLeds<>())
  4. Set the leds (via CRGB objects) whatever color you want in every why you possible want (all, RGB, HSV, presets etc)
  5. call FastLED.show() to output it
  6. repeat from 4 to make effects

In my opinion THE most complete library to drive pixels. Especially the implementation of HSV which is the best way to control the color is great and most other libraries lack that.

The difficult is that the library is not ideal for me, I’m trouble to customize to fulfil my purpose. Anyway, this library still is comprehensive and so good. Thanks

Why on earth are you trying to do then?????

TRY Adafruit_NeoPixel

gausik83:
TRY Adafruit_NeoPixel

Well, that's an original comment!

Seeing it was already posted by CrossRoads three years ago - when this thread actually concluded. :astonished:

There's a lesson here.

Read the thread before you post. :zipper_mouth_face: