Looking to hire someone to help build a project

Hi Community,
Complete and utter newbie here. I’m not sure this is the right place to ask this but I am looking to hire (pay) someone to build a physical WiFi (no hub or Bluetooth) enabled vibration (accelerometer?) sensor and app that I can control with an iPhone. The physical components need to be attached to the side of a box for testing purposes.

Need the app to register date/time stamp when vibration (event) is triggered and keep count of events.

Need app to notify me after a set number of events happen (I need to define the number of those events).

Need to pause the sensor.

Need the sensor to pause for two minutes after an event is triggered and then reactivate.

Would love to be able to set the sensitivity of the sensor (ex. low, medium, high) thru the app if possible.

There are a few other “wants” but these are the main features.

I’m looking for someone to build the physical components and app. I’m based in the U.S. If this is something someone can help build please let me know so we can also discuss costs. Thank you!

Send me a PM with the details. Commertial or not? What App? etc . ...

You'll have to define:

• the vibration ranges - min/max frequency, min/max accelerations
  • sensitivity ranges
  • acceptable battery weight and lifetime if, as your need for wireless suggests, it will have to be battery powered.
  • if the link between phone and sensor is local (a few dozen meters wifi directly between phone and sensor) or you need to get notified/updated when you are away at the mall.

I would rather build the sensor itself as "raw" as possible - just forward vibration data stream and chose on the phone application what to do with the stream - set event on/off vibration level thresholds, "pause" by ignoring data two minutes after an event, chose when to notify the user, etc..

PS

"I'm looking for someone to build the physical components and pair that to the app."

By that I get you already have the app or someone else will make it?

Hi Blimpyway, thank you for the reply.

Per my comment of pairing the physical portion to the app, poor wording on my part. I DO need the app written along with having the sensor built.

Per your other comments:
- the vibration ranges - min/max frequency, min/max accelerations
I am unsure of these at the moment. Not sure what's possible with Arduino materials. For the sake of this project, I am trying to build a proof of concept for an idea and am not very knowledgeable about electronics, frequencies, etc... Basically, I just need to know if someone has bumped into a box and then send me an alert that the sensor detected the vibration. I'm not knowledgeable enough about the frequencies and accelerations to really answer the question.

- sensitivity ranges
For this, while it would be nice to have several settings to choose from, I think if it will be easier to just have one setting it would be something that can pick up the vibration as if a 10 lb. puppy bumped into a box on the floor and gently moved the box. But ideally, having a couple sensitivity settings would be better.

- acceptable battery weight and lifetime if, as your need for wireless suggests, it will have to be battery powered.
Definitely lightweight, maybe 3 month runtime, rechargeable or replaceable to be determined. But for the sake of this project, lightweight is preferable.

- if the link between phone and sensor is local (a few dozen meters wifi directly between phone and sensor) or you need to get notified/updated when you are away at the mall.
Would prefer to be notified when away at the mall, etc... thru some type of notification. Could be within the app or a text message or email. But I don't want it to have to use an additional hub to send that information. Kind of like how a Ring doorbell will send you an alert if it detects someone at your door.

I would rather build the sensor itself as "raw" as possible - just forward vibration data stream and chose on the phone application what to do with the stream - set event on/off vibration level thresholds, "pause" by ignoring data two minutes after an event, chose when to notify the user, etc..
Raw is fine. I need to attach it to the side of a box but other than that it doesn't matter how refined it is. Forwarding and choosing what to do in the app is great.

Blimpyway, I hope this helps, again, I am not very knowledgeable in these areas and am learning as I go. If this is something you think can be done, please let me know or private message me so we can discuss next steps, time frames, costs, etc... Thank you!