Looking to pay someone to write some code

Folks,

I am looking to pay someone to write some code for me for an aquarium controller.

I need a program which will run three channels to red, green and blue LEDs from separate pins (which will lead through mosfets to a 5m strip of RGB LEDs), using an RTC to simulate dawn, midday, dusk, some moonlight and darkness by varying the intensity of the RGB components.

I would also need it to monitor the temperature and turn on a fan when the temp gets above a threshold value and slowly ramp up to 100% at a maximum value - again through a mosfet. I have a nano arduino, the RGB strip, TMP120 transistors and an RTC. I would love to hear from anyone who would be interested in getting involved so we can discus fee etc.

Luke

Can you tell more about the RGB values in relation to the time of day.

Do you expect some linear interpolation? or just hard settings?
Does the dawn/dusk also be adjusted to the season (earlier/later)

Do you want the water level in the aquarium rise and drop, following the tides for your local coordinates.

All discussed before here on the forum ...

What rob said - do you know what values you want for daylight, moonlight? You want a red sunset?

Are you comfortable enough with coding that you'd be prepared to tweak the values yourself? If so, then this project is quite a bit easier.

Seasonal adjustment? Sure - why not!

Which RTC clock are you using? I have two, and they are different.

Why not use a "circadian" clock, only needs an LDR and heuristics. (accurate enough?)

Q: What is a circadian clock?

The LDR measures the light outdoor (analogRead).

When a certain threshold is passed (while increase) it states => now it is dawn.
At a substantial later time the threshold is passed again now decreasing ==> now it is dusk
with millis() one could store time of both.
just in the middle of dawn and dusk is assumed 12:00 (with DST 13:00)
Then the time of dawn and dusk are approx known, and with millis the time of the day.,

these are used for the next day as first order indicators of dawn and dusk.
The measurements of the next day are used to see if the day period increases => towards summer / winter

After a few months of logging dawn/dusk you can start estimate the day and month.

fun!

Note that clouds rain etc influence the daylight and thus the dawn/dusk measurements.
However that is what happens in nature too :slight_smile:

I have a rough idea what values I want but would be happy to tweak them myself along with start times of day/night. Seasonal would be cool however not essential as too much/little light can cause algae blooms etc.

PM Sent