Looks like USB mass storage but is really a network filesystem?

I keep encountering devices like TVs and Blu-Ray players that can play virtually any kind of media from a USB stick, but will only play from network if you provide an utterly worthless, hamstrung, DLNA compatible server. I'm wondering if an arduino with a USB host and ethernet shield could look like a USB stick mass storage device, but really provide the files from a network share (unencumbered by stoopid DLNA media format restrictions)?

I have a feeling it might take the mytical DUE to provide enough horsepower for such a thing, but aside from the bandwidth requirements, does it seem possible?

I would guess that the receiving devices will require the DLNA protocol, which is not the same thing nescessarily as implementing the resitrictions. I would also believe that a device that can run Linux (ie. Rasberry Pi) will likely be the best development platform for this...

wanderson: I would also believe that a device that can run Linux (ie. Rasberry Pi) will likely be the best development platform for this...

I would agree. A micro*processor* based platform would be a better choice than a micro*controller* based platform.