Loosing my mind over a DHT11 sensor

Hello Everyone;
I am hoping that someone will assist to get this sketch running.
I have spent many hours trying to get it to work but have failed many times.

First of I am using a Adeept Ultimate kit for Arduino MEGA 2560, I have managed to get through the first 17 sketches with some success however sketch 18 in the provided code is causing me major issues.
I contacted the Adeept support people and they said reinstall Arduino IDE.
This I did but nothing changed so I went at it again and it seems like the code cannot find the DHT11 library. I have brought many versions down to my system but nothing is working.
The code I am using is:

#include <dht11.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal.h>
dht11 DHT11;
#define DHT11PIN 2
LiquidCrystal lcd(4, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13);// Define the connection LCD pin
void setup()
{
lcd.begin(16, 2); //set up the LCD’s number of columns and rows:
lcd.clear(); //Clears the LCD screen and positions the cursor in the upper-left corner
delay(1000); //delay 1000ms
}
void loop()
{
int chk = DHT11.read(DHT11PIN);
lcd.setCursor(0, 0);
// set the cursor to column 0, line 0
lcd.print(“Humidity:”);// Print a message of "Humidity: "to the LCD.
lcd.print((float)DHT11.humidity, 2);// Print a message of "Humidity: “to the LCD.
lcd.print(” % "); // Print the unit of the centigrade temperature to the LCD.
lcd.setCursor(0, 1); // set the cursor to column 0, line 0
lcd.print("Temp:
");// Print a message of "Temp: “to the LCD.
lcd.print((float)DHT11.temperature, 2);// Print a centigrade temperature to the LCD.
lcd.print(” C "); // Print the unit of the centigrade temperature to the LCD.
delay(1000); // delay 1S
}

The set up consists of the following:

1- Arduino MEGA 2560
1- USB Cable
1- LCD1602
1- 10KΩ Potentiometer
1- DHT-11 Temperature and Humidity Sensor
1- Breadboard
Several Jumper Wires

That is all that I can thin off to give you a start in assisting me.

Thank you in advance.

Canuk_Al:
That is all that I can thin off to give you a start in assisting me.

Are you getting an error?

The error I am getting is the Script cannot find the dht11.h file.
Sorry about not being clear.

Canuk_Al:
The error I am getting is the Script cannot find the dht11.h file.
Sorry about not being clear.

scripts don't look for files. Compilers do give error messages though. Post the actual message. Don't paraphrase.

Have you installed the library? Where is the file you say it can't find located?

I will get back to you as quickly as I can, I need to install the items on my system and try and retrieve the error or errors.

Please forgive me not being able to follow all of your questions/comments I am a raw newbie here.

Thank you

OK, I am back.
Here is the error message I am getting now:

WARNING: library DHT_sensor_library_for_ESPx claims to run on (esp8266, esp32, arduino-esp32) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (avr) architecture(s).
/home/al/Documents/Hobbies/Adeept_Ultimate_Kit_For_Arduino_MEGA_2560/code/_18_DHT11/_18_DHT11.ino: In function 'void loop()':
_18_DHT11:14:11: error: 'DHT11' was not declared in this scope
int chk = DHT11.read(DHT11PIN);lcd.setCursor(0, 0);
^
exit status 1
'DHT11' was not declared in this scope

Regarding the libraries that are called in the sketch, I have tried to load them Nothing worked so I loaded all of them to Library or at least they say that they are installed. In addition I brought down several LiquidCrystal directories.

The big issue for me is trying to fully figure out what I am doing. I find the IDE application confusing and not clear when issues arise. Yes, I know that one can see where the system errored out at but then what if one does not fully understand the issue. Hummmm.

I need to go some where and learn the basics of the Arduino applications versus what I am doing.
Any thoughts???

Canuk_Al:
WARNING: library DHT_sensor_library_for_ESPx claims to run on (esp8266, esp32, arduino-esp32) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (avr) architecture(s).

Does this mean anything to you?

See this topic for a discussion on connecting that sensor to a mega. Though it is about 8 years old and something may have changed in that time.

I am sorry but (WARNING: library DHT_sensor_library_for_ESPx claims to run on (esp8266, esp32, arduino-esp32) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (avr) architecture(s)).

Was not observed and I do not know what this means.

Is this normal to have these types of things happen with a "Mega"?

If you go to Adeept's GitHub repository, they have the download for all the lessons in that kit:

After extracting, the Dht11 library is in a zip file within the _18_DHT11 directory, extracting that and copying it to the libraries folder should give you the correct Dht11.h file.

You may already have the library zip file on your computer, not sure how they supplied the software, or you may have gotten the incorrect version, since you got an error for it being for the wrong architecture.