LoRa eByte SX1276 E32 868T20D to LoRa Ra-02 (AI Tinker) communication issue

The test I have performed which is working, is two Arduinos with two eByte SX1276 and they communicate fine with eachother.

I want a Raspberry Pi to communicate with the Arduino, so have got an LoRa Ra-02 module for that which I am using with the PyLora software which seems to do all the right things with stating it is transmitting, but nothing is received on the Arduino system nor on the Pi when doing the reverse. I used that module on the Pi as that is the only module I could find for which there was anything relating to Raspberry PI.

I have set both units on 434 Mhz but can't see any other corresponding settings on both modules which would make sense to me. The Ra-02 has settings like Coding Rate (CR4_5), bandwidth (BW125) which I don't have on the eByte module settings on the arduino.

On the eByte setting, I just have the frequency of 434 Mhz (channel 24), low and high address of 0, SpeedAirDataRate of 2.4Kb/s, FEC on, Transmisson Fixed Transmission and Power default at 30dBm.

Should it be possible for these modules to talk to eachother or is my only option to replace the unit at the Arduino side with a Ra-02 as well?

Appreciate the input.

Paulvr:
I have set both units on 434 Mhz but can't see any other corresponding settings on both modules which would make sense to me. The Ra-02 has settings like Coding Rate (CR4_5), bandwidth (BW125) which I don't have on the eByte module settings on the arduino.

The RA-02 being SPI based can be directly configured with the specific details of frequency, spreading factor, bandwidth, coding rate, CRC, syncword and IQ setting.

The UART front ended Ebyte modules dont have the same level of configuration, so you would need to workout the config the Ebyte modules are using and then configure the RA-02 to match, good luck with that.

Thank you, I did play around with it for a while but could not make it work.

Moved to having two RA-02 modules instead that do want to talk to each other. Not my favourite solution but will have to use it.

Hello Paulvr,

"The test I have performed which is working, is two Arduinos with two eByte SX1276 and they communicate fine with eachother."
I could not succeed. With what receiver and transmitter setting and programming you did. Which way did you follow? Can you help with ino files and links?

I will be very grateful if you could help.

Regards.

I have used the library from here GitHub - KrisKasprzak/EBYTE: Libraries to program and use UART-based EBYTE wireless data transceivers

But, I had to rewrite the sendstruct function to get it to work.

From my research, e32 data transmission has to have three bytes in front of it identifying the address high, address low and channel the data is intended for. So if the receiver is set to 0x05, 0x03 address and channel 0x04 then the first three bytes HAVE to be 0x05,0x03,0x04 so the receiver knows it is intended for it. The exception is setting the address 0xFF, 0xFF which is a broadcast address intended for ALL receivers on the same channel (as each channel is a different rf frequency).

I am still working on modifications to the original library before putting it into github but if anyone wants my incomplete but working efforts, please contact me s.ferry@efftek.co.uk

Just don’t forget the HUGE contribution Kris Kasprzak has already made to this library.

Steve.