LoRa RA-01 problem

Hello everybody

I am using LoRa RA-01 to P2P communication. I set the parameter of module to default value but max distance (range) that it is obtained less 5 meters :confused: .

My project algorithm is :

Transmitter side :
1_Enable LoRa modem.
2_Select STDBY mode.
3_Mapping TxDone interrupt on DIO0 pin.
4_Upload RegFifoTxBaseAdd content(0x80) to buffer pointer.
5_Write 0x60 value(a typical value) to buffer.
6_Write 0x01 to RegPayloadLength register.
7_When switch closed(switch is connect to host uc)Select Tx mode repeatedly for send data continually.
8_500 mili second after switch opened the interrupt flag is cleared.

Receiver side :
1_Enable LoRa modem.
2_Select STDBY mode.
3_Mapping RxDone interrupt on DIO0 pin(default).
4_Select Receive continuous mode.
5_When switch closed the interrupt flag is cleared.

Note 1 : I use antenna that is presented with module.
Note 2 : This project is only for testing range.
Note 3 : I need a distance about 400 meters indoor.

Question 1 : Is this module work without antenna in range about hundreds meters?
Question 2 : How do i configure these module for high distance(less 1 kilometer)(with or without antenna)?

I apology for i don't speak English fluently

Extreme short range, 5metres, is a classic symtom of damadged modules.

Did you at any time operate them (transmit) without an attached antenna, that can fry the output stage ?

Yes.I used it in three state :
1_With antenna.
2_Without antenna.
3_With a wire(length is about 10 cm).

Are you sure that my module is damaged?
If yes so can i change receiver side module with transmit side module?

If I have not used the antenna on the receiver side, is it possible that the receiver module is also damaged?

Are you sure that my module is damaged?

No, I would need it in front of me to test.

If yes so can i change receiver side module with transmit side module?

Damadged transmitters normally work OK as receivers.

No, I would need it in front of me to test.

How can i test the module?

Damadged transmitters normally work OK as receivers.

I change my module but don not fix.

Also i use receiver module without antenna(in receiver operation before change).Is it possible that receiver module got damaged?

Easiest way to test the power output of a module is with another working module.

With TX and RX within a metre or so RSSI of the transmitted packet should be circa -20dBm.

A RF power meter is the ideal way of testing the RF power output, or an SDR can give you an indication.

Pleas help me.
I change my module with new module but don not fix.I do not have time.What do i do?
Please give me a checklist to solve it.

daryooosh:
Pleas help me.
I change my module with new module but don not fix.I do not have time.What do i do?
Please give me a checklist to solve it.

Read and follow what I said in post #5, its what I would do.

Tnx u

I send a packet and then read RegPktRssiValue register of receiver module.Its value is 0x31 and value of RegRssiValue register is 0x34.
Now what do i do?

daryooosh:
Tnx u

I send a packet and then read RegPktRssiValue register of receiver module.Its value is 0x31 and value of RegRssiValue register is 0x34.
Now what do i do?

Check the datasheet for how to work out the RSSI from the register reading.

The RSSI is :

RSSI(dbm) = -164 + 0x31 = -115

This indicate that my signal power is very poor (Is it true?),But i change my transmitter module with new module and use default value for register

Is there any particular thing about the settings of the registers or the wiring method that I may not know about?

I have read the datasheet completely and everything is in accordance with it.

daryooosh:
The RSSI is :

RSSI(dbm) = -164 + 0x31 = -115

This indicate that my signal power is very poor (Is it true?),But i change my transmitter module with new module and use default value for register

Yes that is a weak signal.

Sort of signal you might expect a long distance away from a transmitter or a transmitter with very low power output.

But distance between modules is 30 cm and until now i try 2 new modules as transmitter module.

Is default value of registers proper to a long distance communication ?

What factors can cause the transmitter block of module to fail?

Is default value of registers proper to a long distance communication ?

Use one of the standard libraires they will have examples that should be reliable.

Much easier to do that than for you to explore each of the possible register settings in turn.

What factors can cause the transmitter block of module to fail?

Transmitting without an antenna or a faulty antenna.

Its been revealed by a post over in the Things Network Forum that the OP is not using an Arduino.