Lora (UNO+dragino and LG02) data collection on local server via MQTT

Hi folks!
My IoT perversities aren't coming to an end. I recently purchased a dragino gateway LG02 and I'm running some experiments. I would like to send sensor data from my arduino+dragino shield via lora to a local server in my LAN.
Unfortunately the documentation of the LG02 is somehow limited to examples on how to connect over the internet to The Things network.com
If I connect to the LG02 gateway via ssh I can run commands such as mosquitto_pub -h 10.143.128.87 -p 1883 -t dragino/temperature -m 32 and I see that the MQTT message succesfully sent to the server.
Now, I'd like to have the arduino+shield sending data to the gateway and the gateway forwarding it to the server via MQTT.
I set the gateway to operate as a MQTT forwarder,and specified the topic, IP and port. I set the arduino and the gateway to work onthe same Lora frequency.
How about the arduino sketch? How should I pass the data via lora?
there's so little documentation around... any of you experienced masters out there?

thank you to those willing to help!

ferfede87:
Unfortunately the documentation of the LG02 is somehow limited to examples on how to connect over the internet to The Things network.com

The LG02 is not LoRaWAN compliant for connection to the (free to use) The Things Network (TTN);

TTN Gateways are multichannel ( 8 ) and all proper TTN nodes expect this, so operate the LG02 in range of genuine TTN nodes and you can prevent them working, nice.

So be very careful where you use it, preferably in a cave deep underground and treat it as a toy, or better still dont use it at all.

Thank you for your input. I indeed don't intend to use it with TTN. I meant that there are no examples on how to configure a locar LORA to store sensing data locally.
the configuration is ARduino+shield, LG02, local server.
any idea?

ferfede87:
Thank you for your input. I indeed don't intend to use it with TTN. I meant that there are no examples on how to configure a locar LORA to store sensing data locally.
the configuration is ARduino+shield, LG02, local server.
any idea?

No idea, never used it.

Perhaps ask in the Dragino forums, its their product.

Hi,

Trying to accomplish something similar over here. Did you have any success?

Thanks