Losing library (include) files...

I installed Arduino v1.8.0 this morning and things that worked in 1.6.12 stopped working. Primarily it could not find several "include" files. I went back and reloaded 1.6.12 and found that include files that worked before now don't. :confused: These are files that I had stored in my Arduino\libraries folder. They are still present in the directory but the Arduino Upload function doesn't "see" them. If I go back and install (Sketch > Include Library > Add .ZIP Library...) and then "include" to my sketch (Sketch > Include Library > ...) the Upload processor finds it then dies on the next "include" file.

There is a warning in the IDE installer that says, "...won't affect sketches or libraries in the sketch directory." What "sketch" directory? I don't have a "sketch" directory. My sketches and library files are folders on a separate drive - sketches are on "E:_Development\ARDUINO_SKETCHES" and the libraries are on "E:_Development\ARDUINO\libraries".

Is this causing me to have to reload the import files to my sketches? :(

OS ?

Did you clean up etc before dropping in another IDE ?

miker: There is a warning in the IDE installer that says, "...won't affect sketches or libraries in the sketch directory." What "sketch" directory? I don't have a "sketch" directory.

That means the sketchbook folder as set in File > Preferences > Sketchbook location:. That warning is just telling you that if you put anything in the Arduino IDE installation folder it will be lost during the installation but you don't have to worry about your sketchbook folder because the installer won't touch it. That warning has nothing to do with your problem.

Please check File > Preferences > Sketchbook location: to be sure it's set to E:_Development\ARDUINO.

OS is Win 10. Clean up? My Aleppo moment! What clean up? Guess not since I don't know what that is or that it was a requirement.

Not always needed BUT it has been known to save a few issues…

Attached file

CLEAN UP BEFORE INSTALLING ANOTHER COPY OF THE IDE OR ARDUINO CREATE.pdf (334 KB)