lost in Duemilanove ATmega328 + Hitec servomotor

Hi

With my new project i come in the strong servomotor domain. And this makes me lost. What i have:

1x Arduino Duemilanove ATmega328

1x Hitec HS-985MG servo motor 4.8-6VDC at least 1.5A

1x Hitec HS-785MG servo motor 4.8-6VDC at least 1.5A

This two servomotors can draw 4A at full stall, and at idle can pull 550mA. 3v PWM signal peak to peak from 900uS to 2100uS with 1500uS as neutral. You will need a Y-harness that will go inbetween the servo and the servo controller.

Can someone explain me in a clear way in which way i have to connect this two servomotors to the Arduino board so that i can get the most out of this servomotors without breaking this servomotors and or arduino? Are their somewhere on the internet diagrams or can someone make a drawing for me?

extra questions:

Do i really need this "Y-harness ... inbetween the servo and the servo controller" and how to make it and connect?

How to connect properly all the power supplies?

How to connect properly "3v PWM signal peak to peak ..."?

What does "900uS to 2100uS with 1500uS as neutral" means exactly?

I know, many question. Thanks in advance.

You will need a Y-harness that will go inbetween the servo and the servo controller.

Where did this come from? What controller are you using?

The Hitec manufacturer has told me that i will need a "Y-harness" to put between the arduino and the servomotors. http://www.servocity.com/html/6__y-harnesses.html

The controller that i use is the Arduino.

1 use servo library from the Arduino site

2 Mosfet (logic level...(5V)) to go between arduino and servo

3 resistor 1k before Mosfets (not absoloutly requred)

Use bungee-cord instead of y-harness ;D

if you use 4amps of current, you cannot supply this power with the arduino, it cannot even handle the idle current of 550mA, max current for each pin is about 20mA

Solution: external power source switched by a mosfet or power IC 'suppose the setup is 'kinda Y-formed Y=mosfet or transistor or optoisolated circuit

Powersource-----\ /-----servo Y | Arduino

ArduinoM

Thanks!

I don't like bungee. :) "max current for each pin is about 20mA" only 20mA per pin?

I will test this and see what happen. Regards Bart