Lots of 502 errors today?

I seem to be suffering a lot of 502's today, are we having problems?

Looks like - I'm getting them too.

Wouldn't it be lovely to have a reply from the Website team to explain the situation -- like on other Forums I use.

...R

The user account server was attacked. The price of interacting with the Human Race.

Robin2: Wouldn't it be lovely to have a reply from the Website team to explain the situation -- like on other Forums I use.

So far so good today but it's annoying when you spend several minutes composing a reply to someone to find it all lost to a error. The last time the site had errors like this I got into the habit of doing a CTRL-A, CTRL-C just before hitting reply button but got out of that habit after the server upgrade. Hope this is not a return to the bad old days again.

[quote author=Coding Badly link=topic=248002.msg1773059#msg1773059 date=1403250438]

The user account server was attacked. The price of interacting with the Human Race.

[/quote] Annoyed spammers venting there anger?

I don't have any more details (already trashed the emails).

...it's annoying when you spend several minutes composing a reply to someone to find it all lost to a error.

I hear ya' brother!

The user account server was attacked.

As a forum participant I DO feel important ¡I've been attacked! :astonished: 8) :roll_eyes:

@Riva, perhaps you could modify the title of this Thread to include the date on which it happened?

("today" is no longer relevant).

...R

Riva:
So far so good today but it’s annoying when you spend several minutes composing a reply to someone to find it all lost to a error. The last time the site had errors like this I got into the habit of doing a CTRL-A, CTRL-C just before hitting reply button but got out of that habit after the server upgrade. Hope this is not a return to the bad old days again.

Are you referring to the “Broken” page?

This has never been fixed, still just as much a problem as ever. The (appropriately described) “Broken” page is manageable simply by clicking “Reload” and “Resend” on the consequent pop-up.

I'm not sure about the other browsers, but Google chrome or chromium based browsers are great for this situation. No need for copy n paste or typing in an external editor.

When a post fails due to: - some site error - bad connection - browser crash - or even an entire PC crash.

It has always been able to recover the post text.

On a site/connection failure, open the forum in a new tab, when it appears to be loading fine, click back on the failed tab. Bang your text is there, simply hit post again.

When something crashes, on browser restart it asks if you want to reload the pages that where open. It maintains the session you were using, and the text you entered.

We have IE8 on Win7 machines at work, I haven't been able to get to the forum since Thursday there.

The problem, whatever it is, still seems to be happening intermittently.