Lower current in sleep mode question

Hi,
I tryed to connect power throw Vin pin and i checked the current value, after, i tryed to connect 5v directly on 5v pin and i checked the current value and i found that there weren't any difference.

Is it possible?

what is the lower arduino nano current in sleep mode?

Thank's

I tryed to connect power throw Vin pin and i checked the current value, after, i tryed to connect 5v directly on 5v pin and i checked the current value and i found that there weren't any difference.

It could be. You have not told us what Arduino or to what resolution you are making your measurement.

Is it possible?

Is WHAT possible?

Hi

Hp9000:
Hi,

Is it possible?

what is the lower arduino nano current in sleep mode?

Thank's

I would check out this link for all the information you need. Using sleep and good design I've had 2 AA batteries powering a temperature/humidity sensor and sending back data once a minute operational for 18 months with the same batteries still going strong. It is possible, although what's practical for your project is of course a case of your mileage may vary.

http://www.gammon.com.au/power

Regards

Phil

i tryed to connect 5v directly on 5v pin and i checked the current value and i found that there weren't any difference.

Is it possible?

Not only is it possible it is essential to comply with the laws of physics.

The current is not going to change just because the voltage changes when you are going through a regulator. And going through a regulator the current will be the same as if you are supplying the 5V directly.

So going through Vin the same current is drawn for any voltage above 7V you apply. Well that is any voltage until the caps pop.