Lower power for Metro M4 Grand Central board

Hi all,

I am trying to get my Metro M4 board to operate at a sub 100uA range. Currently it is tilting around 10mA

What can I do aside from putting into sleep mode ? Even sleep mode doesn't achieve micro amp range !

Any help and especially code , would be appreciated !

Thanks

The board is based on a SAMD51 micro

The Metro has a bunch of other things on the board that you might need to eliminate:

• not particularly low-power voltage regulator for both 5V and 3V supplies (how are you powering your board, anyway)
  • Power LED. Probably close to 3mA worth, right there.
  • Neopixel LED - I have no idea how much these draw when not lit, but I've never seen them described as power-efficient...
  • QSPI flash chip. up to 20mA if active, I think. Much lower for "standby", but I didn't check whether that's the same as just "idle."

westfw:
The Metro has a bunch of other things on the board that you might need to eliminate:

• not particularly low-power voltage regulator for both 5V and 3V supplies (how are you powering your board, anyway)
  • Power LED. Probably close to 3mA worth, right there.
  • Neopixel LED - I have no idea how much these draw when not lit, but I've never seen them described as power-efficient...
  • QSPI flash chip. up to 20mA if active, I think. Much lower for "standby", but I didn't check whether that's the same as just "idle."

Hi westfw ,
I have a link for the board :

There is only one LED operating , thats for power .
Should I remove the LED , along with the QSPI flash chip ??
Thanks,

Hi italiansoccer19,

The Adafruit Metro M4 Grand Central uses ELM Electronic's GD25Q64 QSPI flash chip, this draws typically 1uA up to a maximum of 25uA (microamps) in standby mode.