LPD8806 RGB LED Strip Problems

Alright so I bought this LED strip a couple months ago: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160869415039&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:3160 and it worked fine for a quite a while. I'm having problems now though, when I run the libraries strand test program which worked fine a while ago, only the first 6 LEDs will work how they're supposed too. The rest simply stay off. I tried a bunch of stuff to try and get them working but to no avail. I took out my voltmeter and discovered that the voltage between data and ground on the working LEDs was usually less than 1v but when I tested the voltage between data and ground after the 6th LED, the voltage was pretty steady at 5v. This held true for all the LEDs after the 6th one. Any ideas about what could be wrong? Is it fixable?

your 6th LPD8806 chip is no longer pass dout, or the 7th LPD8806 chip has defect din.

So to fix it would I just cut out that section and solder the strand back together?

I don't have LPD8806 RGB LED Strip, and can not provide detail how to fix it on solder level. may be somebody else on this forum can.

I ended up just cutting out that segment and then soldering the strand back together, it works now. Thanks for the help

ChipFixes: I ended up just cutting out that segment and then soldering the strand back together, it works now. Thanks for the help

Can you soldering cutting out segment at end of back chain?

Yes I can