m41t00 rtc

Does anyone have any experience with the m41t00 rtc from st micro? I'm having trouble getting it to work right. Also, in the datasheet, it specifies its address as D0h. How would I go about getting this address in hex format?

D0h is in hex format: 0xD0, D0h is just another kind of writing hex numbers.

0xD0 is an 8-bit address though and the Arduino Wire library expects the 7-bit address (shifted one bit to the right): 0x68. Have you tried that one?

Sorry it took me forever and a month to respond, but thanks for your help! I have since then gotten a DS1307, and the corresponding libraries. I noticed something, though... The m41t00 clock and the DS1307 seem to have the same I2C address. Registers are different, though. Peculiar?

The m41t00 clock and the DS1307 seem to have the same I2C address. Registers are different, though.

They have the same address, they're doing the same, so it's very unlikely to have both chips on one bus. It makes about the same sense to put a M41T00 and a DS1307 on the same bus as to have two DS1307 on the same bus. That's why I think it's a good thing that they have the same address.

Hi guys,

Im using M41T00 with Arduino Mega 2560, the problem is that i found no Libary for this RTC and as I m very new to C and programming I m kind of stuck Ive been searching for days and read the Application Note but nothing helps, it would be so nice of u if u could share your code or libary.

Thanks for ur help