Mac doesn't recognize my Arduino Uno

Hi guys,

Got a new Arduino uno and worked fine until yesterday. I though it would be my mac but that isn't the problem (tested the uno on different mac's).

What I tried: Re-instal multiple times, used different usb's, used a usb hub, tried on other macs, installed some drivers that aren't necessary for the uno, rebooting, updating & older versions.

I read a lot of topics where they say to check network preferences / usb information but can't find the arduino Uno in the list. Is there something wrong with the arduino usb connection? I'm running OS X 10.7.5.

I can't find the problem, maybe you know what's going wrong?

Thanks

BC548C wrote:

I though it would be my mac but that isn't the problem (tested the uno on different mac's).

You don't say if it worked on other Mac's and your title doesn't clarify it for me either? Does it work on other Mac's and just doesn't work on your Mac?

Re-instal multiple times

Re-installing what? Some software or USB plug?

installed some drivers

What drivers, and on a Mac?

updating & older versions

Updating what, and older versions of what?

All I do know is you have a Mac of some sort running OSX 10.7.5 and you have an Arduino UNO, and that the two did communicate, but now doesn't.

Please be clear and specific with your information or all we can do is guess, and that is not going to help anyone.

Paul

rockwallaby: BC548C wrote:You don't say if it worked on other Mac's and your title doesn't clarify it for me either? Does it work on other Mac's and just doesn't work on your Mac?

Doesn't work on other Mac's + Pc's

rockwallaby: Re-installing what? Some software or USB plug?

Re-installing Arduino IDE

rockwallaby: What drivers, and on a Mac?

FTDI drivers for mac. Also on Pc windows

rockwallaby: Updating what, and older versions of what?

Older version of Arduino IDE & FTDI drivers

BC548C wrote:

worked fine until yesterday

What worked? The uploading of programs or the program you have in it?

At the time you had it working, how did you have it powered, USB or power supply?

If you only powered via USB, try a separate power supply to know if you damaged the USB fuse.

Does your UNO have any LED's that come on when powered?

Have you tried a diffeent USB cable?

Does the program you have in the Arduino give any indication, say via LED's or serial as part of the program?

If the problem is that you are not able to upload to it anymore, and you have tried other computers, and all the things above, then I can only suggest either you try to see if you can re-program it via an ISP programmer or replace it.

Paul

rockwallaby: BC548C wrote: What worked? The uploading of programs or the program you have in it?

At the time you had it working, how did you have it powered, USB or power supply?

If you only powered via USB, try a separate power supply to know if you damaged the USB fuse.

Does your UNO have any LED's that come on when powered?

Have you tried a diffeent USB cable?

Does the program you have in the Arduino give any indication, say via LED's or serial as part of the program?

If the problem is that you are not able to upload to it anymore, and you have tried other computers, and all the things above, then I can only suggest either you try to see if you can re-program it via an ISP programmer or replace it.

Paul

I ran some programs on the uno, and actually now when I make the same setup it's still working. I powered via USB & power supply and both working. The green Led is working and in the beginning the L-LED is blinking for 1 sec and than stays on. And yes, tried with different USB-cables...

The program that is running now is with servos and still is working.

I can't upload anything because the uno is invisible for each mac/pc I think. Do you got some more information about the ISP programmer?

A friend came by with his arduino Uno and got visible immediately and is working on my mac/ his mac.

Thanks

I just got my new brand Arduino Uno and I`m having exactly the same problem. I´ve tried in other Mac´s ( 10.10.1 and 10.7.5) and Pc´s and nothing, also the "L" LED just stays ON, not blinking at all.

matamala: I just got my new brand Arduino Uno and I`m having exactly the same problem. I´ve tried in other Mac´s ( 10.10.1 and 10.7.5) and Pc´s and nothing, also the "L" LED just stays ON, not blinking at all.

Check your USB: Apple -> About this Mac -> More info -> Systemoverview -> USB Does the arduino get recognized?