MAC OS CATALINA install Problems

Change Agent and IDE will not install on my MAC Catalina 10.05.1 OS. I get the error message "ArduinoCreateAgent-1.1osx-installer-CI" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. "The software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information."

This is being dealt with.
Catalina broke a lot of software and not just for Arduino.

IIRC some people had got around the problem but I am not a mac person so you would have to use the search option at the top right to gather up the catalina posts in google.

Bob.

You can find more information and instructions for the workaround here:

Thanks, I think I have it working now with the beta version but it took some expermenting.

You’re welcome. I’m glad to hear it’s working now. Enjoy!
Per

So I still can't get the IDE running due to the known problem of "can't check fpor malicious software". But the current beta is starting up, whereaus the ArduinoCreateAgent 1.1 installer ist noct (same problem). My problem now is that I can't choose a serial port for my Elegoo Uno R3. I plugged it in via different Data USB cables, directly to my MacBook Pro (Late 2013, Catalina installed (regretting that)). I chose the USB 2.0 slot, not the 3.0 Slot. I downloaded the driver, rebooted, still no connection. I also chose old bootloader but I still cannot choose a serial port. So question is: How can I get tht thing up and running with my MacBook? (I am a full-on beginner, never used arduino before.) I hope someone or some thread can help me out on this.

Per has already mentioned a probable work around for a catalina issue.

Bob.

Regarding the "ArduinoCreateAgent-1.1osx-installer-CI" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software" problem, I'm happy to report that a new notarized version of Arduino Create Agent (1.1.251) has now been released. This will no longer require the workaround I described above. You can get it here:

I was trying to accomplish install via arduino.cc/download but to no avail. I read a lot of forums like this but it didn't help.

My suggestion is to skip their download/install completely and install homebrew and install arduino from there instead. Completely without aches.

Install homebrew from here: https://brew.sh/

Install Arduino.app using homebrew in your terminal by typing this: brew cask install arduino

Happy coding