MAC OS X 10.11.6

I can't get the Arduino V2.0 to move. I can compile and upload auto.run but when I turn on the robot it will not move. Green light is on. I take out the IR card before uploading. I have read there are issues with older Mac OS....I am using OS X 10.11.6. I uploaded the Arduino system that came on the disk. Which version should I use with this OS?

thanks

ronpat7490

ronpat7490:
I can't get the Arduino V2.0 to move.

What is an "Arduino 2.0"? The current IDE is 1.8.8.

ronpat7490:
I can compile and upload auto.run but when I turn on the robot it will not move.

What is 'auto.run'? What robot?

ronpat7490:
Green light is on. I take out the IR card before uploading.

I presume that the "IR card" has something to do with the 'robot'.

ronpat7490:
I have read there are issues with older Mac OS....I am using OS X 10.11.6. I uploaded the Arduino system that came on the disk.

What disk?

ronpat7490:
Which version should I use with this OS?

I recommend you try 1.8.8 first. If it refuses to install or the compiler crashes, only then should you think about trying earlier versions.

John, thanks...I am using the Elegoo Smart Robot Car V2.0

ron

ronpat7490:
John, thanks...I am using the Elegoo Smart Robot Car V2.0

Did you download and follow the instructions and tutorials from the Elegoo site?
[https://www.elegoo.com/tutorial/Elegoo%20Smart%20Robot%20Car%20Kit%20V2.0.2018.11.07.zip](http://"https://www.elegoo.com/tutorial/Elegoo Smart Robot Car Kit V2.0.2018.11.07.zip")

yes John, I've poured over them - hey I'm using OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

does it matter I'm not using Lion?

thanks
ronpat

ronpat7490:
yes John, I've poured over them - hey I'm using OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

does it matter I'm not using Lion?

If you installed the Arduino IDE and it is working then, no, it doesn't matter.

John, any suggestions....it appears to upload fine but the Eleegoo Robot won't move - green light is operational on the board....mmmmm

What sketch are you uploading? Are you sure all the components are plugged in to the correct places?

John, I am uploading Auto Go...I have checked all connections - Lights come on when I engage power....green light is operational on the board....lights blink when I upload....is there anything I need to do to make it go besides take out USB and turn on power?
thanks for replies
ron

You are skipping ahead by trying to run "AUTO_GO_" before you get "right_wheel_rotation" working. Go back to the instructions and start again at "Lesson 1, Section IV. Make The Car Move".

ronpat7490:
yes John, I've poured over them

What did you pour?
Many electronics are not very liquid-tolerant.

dude, it ain't working....do I need a driver to run it from my Mac?

Does the [u]Blink LED Example[/u] work?

If that works the IDE is working with your operating system, the USB connections are working, and the Arduino is working.

ronpat7490:
dude, it ain't working....do I need a driver to run it from my Mac?

No, a hundred times NO!

The Arduino IDE runs just fine on 10.11.6 El Capitan and the drivers required for the Elegoo Uno are included with the IDE install.

If you can load a sketch to the Uno, which you’ve said you have done, the problem isn’t with the IDE or the computer, it is in all likelihood a kit assembly error or you’re loading the wrong program.

We’re now at post #12 and all you can tell us is your thingy doesn’t work. You’ve been given excellent advice by John in post #9, a post you have not responded to. You can continue to say “it doesn’t work” for the next seven days and at the end of those one hundred and sixty eight hours, you’ll be no closer to making your device work than you are at this very second in time.

You need to start helping yourself with what you’ve been given. People on the other end of their computers cannot do it for you.

Wattsthat - thank you. I did load right_wheel_rotation, light blinked, uploaded no problem....car doesn't move

I agree the software side of things appears to be working...I took it completely apart and redid all connections and doesn't move

thanks for all the advice, must be a hardware issue

just to be clear:

1. I take out the IR card
  2. power on the robot is off
  3. plug in usb
  4. upload sketch
  5. unplug usb
  6. turn on car

just want to make sure I'm doing sequence properly

sincerely,
ron