macro keyboard

hi there and i know be for any one say this has being done but i was hopeing to try and put a twist to it i was wondering if i could use 3 keys as shift keys as 12 keys is not enugh for me

i alredy have a ardunio mini
and one of those cheap keypads off ebay

what are your thoughts

felix45:
hi there and i know be for any one say this has being done but i was hopeing to try and put a twist to it i was wondering if i could use 3 keys as shift keys as 12 keys is not enugh for me

That long run-on sentence with no punctuation makes zero sense. Please try again. Please try to write something readable and include details to help someone know what the hell you are talking about. If English isn't your native language then perhaps you could try on one of the many boards here in other languages.

If you're talking about doing keyboard emulation on your computer, you can't do it with a Mini. Buy a Pro Micro or Leonardo.

You want to add 3 more buttons and write the sketch to do different things with the main keypad buttons when the "shift button" is pressed?

Go right ahead. Sounds like a good idea.

hi there Delta_G i am sorry for that but i a dilexic

felix45:
hi there Delta_G i am sorry for that but i a dilexic

OK. Well you've got to figure out some way to write something readable or there's no way you can communicate what the problem is. If you can't write a sentence then you're going to have a real real real hard time with code. The compiler cares a LOT more about its grammar rules than anyone you've ever met. I don't mean to discourage you, but you'll have to find some way to compensate.

hi there pert that is right i am onabout keyboard emulation

hi MorganS i am onabout useing 3 keys on the key pad to act like a shift key not using the shift key on my keyboard

hi Delta_G my partner will be helping me with the code but my partner is not avalabe for the next fue days

OK. We know what hardware you have in front of you. An Arduino, a 12-key keypad and some extra buttons.

What are you trying to do? Is this controlling something? When you use the word “keyboard” most of the geeks here will think about a PC keyboard, but you might be talking about a musical keyboard or something different.

Please write more. Even if the English is bad, it helps to get more information across by writing more information.

hi MorganS you are right onm what i have and i am on about a computer keyboard its to video editing faster for me

Then reply #2 is the best advice for you. Pert wins the mind-reader award today.