Magbot Code error message

Hello I’m having trouble with making my Magbot from How To Build A Robot by Jonathan Parkyn. So I think I know what the problem is I just don’t know how to fix it, so I imported a library at the beginning of my code which is: #include <NewPing.h> and whenever I try to verify or upload my code it comes up with an error message saying: “BasicBot.ino:17:21: fatal error: NewPing.h: No such file or directory” (BasicBot.ino is my file name) please help me I have put a bit of money into this project so if you could help that would be amazing. Here is where I got my imported library from: teckel12 / Arduino New Ping / wiki / Home — Bitbucket and here is where I got the open source code: magbot/BasicBot.ino at master · theapi/magbot · GitHub

Where did you get the NewPing library from, and where did you put it?

(It always us to help you if you post the actual code you're trying to compile)

JOELISABOSS told us that "...I got my imported library from: teckel12 / Arduino New Ping / wiki / Home — Bitbucket"

but he did not tell us where he put it.

Hi,

Hello I’m having trouble with making my Magbot from How To Build A Robot by Jonathan Parkyn.
So I think I know what the problem is I just don’t know how to fix it.

I imported a library at the beginning of my code which is: #include <NewPing.h>

Whenever I try to verify or upload my code it comes up with an error message saying:

“BasicBot.ino:17:21: fatal error: NewPing.h: No such file or directory” (BasicBot.ino is my file name)

Please help me I have put a bit of money into this project so if you could help that would be amazing.
Here is where I got my imported library from:
teckel12 / Arduino New Ping / wiki / Home — Bitbucket
and here is where I got the open source code: magbot/BasicBot.ino at master · theapi/magbot · GitHub

Sorry but it reads better in point form.
As mentioned above, have you put the library in the correct location, the error is telling you it cannot find the library.

Tom… :slight_smile:

I put it in the downloads folder in my computer

So, put in the libraries folder, where it is supposed to be, restart the IDE and report back to us.

Here is a good place to start.

How do I do that on a PC laptop? The instructions are not for a PC, also I don't know how to redo it.

It worked!!! Thank you so much guys n' gals!!!