Make a Keyboard out of buttons

Hello, i am pretty new to this forum but i bought my arduino years ago :slight_smile: But thats not about my problem so here is the main topic, i want to make a keyboard with buttons for my arduino to interact with Tinybasic but i have no idea how to do that so i am seeking for your help. The model i want to use this keyboard is the UNO model if that helps.

Thanks

“keyboard with buttons”

What does this mean, do you mean a matrix ‘keypad’ ?

larryd:
“keyboard with buttons”

What does this mean, do you mean a matrix ‘keypad’ ?

no, a qwerty keyboard

For WHAT purpose ?

(just when you thought you had seen everything...)

raschemmel:
For WHAT purpose ?

(just when you thought you had seen everything...)

i already told it at the first post that i will use it to interact with TinyBasic

"keyboard" is a generic term. You have to be specific and specify whether it is serial output or parallel output and whether it is standard ASCII or some other key mapping.
You also need to specify how you expected to connect it.
Did you Google this topic ? (did you research to find out how the interpreter interacts with the user ?)

raschemmel:
"keyboard" is a generic term. You have to be specific and specify whether it is serial output or parallel output and whether it is standard ASCII or some other key mapping.
You also need to specify how you expected to connect it.
Did you Google this topic ? (did you research to find out how the interpreter interacts with the user ?)

Yes of course i did research it before asking here. I saw there as the last step all time. The video that you sent is only uses Serial port which i will use an LCD and Keyboard to make a standalone machine. Here you can see there is some kind of product that i am trying to make with an Arduino 【終了】ORANGE pico Pocket V.1.1a 半完成キット - mobi-electronik - BOOTH. The only difference will be that i will use an 5110 display for output but the keyboard will remain same. You can see another product here Hands-On with Hackaday Belgrade Hardware Badge - YouTube

So what do you want from is if YOU ARE the DESIGNER ?

raschemmel:
So what do you want from is if YOU ARE the DESIGNER ?

i am not the designer, i just want to learn how to make it work

You mean you want us to design it ?

(meaning you have nothing . (no schematic,
no code, just a couple of web links and the Arduino forum link ?)

What EXACTLY are you expecting from us ?
You've seen the links about it . What do you need to know that they didn't cover.

YOU:

Here you can see there is some kind of product that i am trying to make with an Arduino 【終了】ORANGE pico Pocket V.1.1a 半完成キット - mobi-electronik - BOOTH.

So, what's the problem ?

Hello, i am pretty new to this forum

Don't you think that's a bit of understatement considering that all five of your posts in your arduino career occurred today asking about this project ?

Walk me through how you see this working , exactly ...

raschemmel:

(meaning you have nothing . (no schematic,
no code, just a couple of web links and the Arduino forum link ?)

What EXACTLY are you expecting from us ?
You've seen the links about it . What do you need to know that they didn't cover.

YOU:
So, what's the problem ?

ok here is the code TinyBasicPlus/TinyBasicPlus.ino at master · BleuLlama/TinyBasicPlus · GitHub i want to add keyboard functionality to that code

Software's not my bag.
Talk to me about hardware.
What are you expecting from us exactly ?
I'm still not getting it. Why don't you spell it out for us...

raschemmel:
Software's not my bag.
Talk to me about hardware.
What are you expecting from us exactly ?
I'm still not getting it. Why don't you spell it out for us...

I am still not sure how you are not getting it still but i will say it again. If you want to work about hardware here it is. I want to make a qwerty keyboard that will make me input to Tinybasic on Arduino UNO. How can i tell it in a more simple way?

So we're back to this:

Have I got it right now ?

So you think that if you need something designed you just log onto the forum and they'll do it for you.
Is that about right ?

I don't see that happening.
Good luck with that.

Here you can see there is some kind of product that i am trying to make with an Arduino 【終了】ORANGE pico Pocket V.1.1a 半完成キット - mobi-electronik - BOOTH.

If it's a product then why not just buy it. Wouldn't be a whole lot easier ?

raschemmel:
So we're back to this:
Have I got it right now ?

So you think that if you need something designed you just log onto the forum and they'll do it for you.
Is that about right ?

I don't see that happening.
Good luck with that.

If it's a product then why not just buy it. Wouldn't be a whole lot easier ?

Ok i think you are just trying to waste my time. I was already feeling that at the start but i said maybe he would help but of course not. If you are not willing to help, you can not reply to this thread anyways

Ok i think you are just trying to waste my time. I was already feeling that at the start but i said maybe he would help but of course not. If you are not willing to help, you can not reply to this thread anyways

I don't think you understand where you are.
Let me explain how things work here on the forum.
You post your question.
We reply with questions.
You answer our questions.
We move on. (and hopefully , solve your problem)
I asked you a question.
Do you , or do you not expect us to "design" this product (which obviously you could buy somewhere)
for you , yes , or no ?
It's a very simple question you have dodged several times now.
You're not going to get anywhere here until you answer that question.
If that's not good enough for you, you know what you can do.

raschemmel:
I don't think you understand where you are.
Let me explain how things work here on the forum.
You post your question.
We reply with questions.
You answer our questions.
We move on. (and hopefully , solve your problem)
I asked you a question.
Do you , or do you not expect us to "design" this product (which obviously you could buy somewhere)
for you , yes , or no ?
It's a very simple question you have dodged several times now.
You're not going to get anywhere here until you answer that question.
If that's not good enough for you, you know what you can do.

yes, i need someone to design it since i am not good at that

Well, thank you for answering that question.
Unfortunately, this is the General Electronics topic.
Here we help people with their circuits.
You don't have a circuit so we can't help you.
Come back with a schematic and we would be happy to answer your questions.
If you want something designed, the correct forum topic is Gigs and Collaborations, where you can pitch your project and request bids from the people who work for money.
Remember to have fun !

Any other questions ?

No, thank you for your kind answer.

Hey, Raschemmel, take a chill pill.