Make board/CPU type stick per project.

please add option to automatically set board/controller when loading project. lets's say if first line is

BOARD# Pro Micro 328p 16Mhz 5V

it's waste of time to select manually every time working on a different project on different hardware..

it's waste of time to select manually every time working on a different project on different hardware..

How many different boards do you have ? How many times a day do you have to change board ?

Have you thought about the development time to achieve this improvement for [u]your[/u] comfort? I think there are greater improvements in achieving priority as solve all the problems of versions higher than 1.6.5.

68tjs:
How many different boards do you have ?
How many times a day do you have to change board ?

Have you thought about the development time to achieve this improvement for your comfort?
I think there are greater improvements in achieving priority as solve all the problems of versions higher than 1.6.5.

When you are the designated troubleshooter of the team and the projects each have several different MCUs built into them, you will get the pain of switching board settings over and over, even though it may be just between 28-pin Optiboot and 32-pin Optiboot and HoodLoader 2 (as those are really generic “board” models that is applicable to a lot of DIY boards)

68tjs: How many different boards do you have ? How many times a day do you have to change board ?

Have you thought about the development time to achieve this improvement for [u]your[/u] comfort? I think there are greater improvements in achieving priority as solve all the problems of versions higher than 1.6.5.

Please read the "How to use this forum". Especially point 13 last paragraph..

A lot of people are experiencing the same problem.(see other posts).

Why not just have the option to read/write preferences.txt from/to the same folder as the ino. The ide already has a commandline option to use an alternate preferences.txt so this should not be that hard to implement.

To all others with this problem: There are also commandline options to set boardtype and comport.

See arduino manpage.

So you can create a batchfile in your sketchfolder to start the ide with the correct settings or to use a preferences.txt from your sketchfolder.

(P.S. Most of the time I use a batchfile and a preferences.txt in my sketch folder. This way i can even have multiple "arduino" folders with each their own libraries folder keeping attiny and esp8266 projects separated from 328/mega)

pgScorpio: A lot of people are experiencing the same problem.(see other posts).

Why not just have the option to read/write preferences.txt from/to the same folder as the ino. The ide already has a commandline option to use an alternate preferences.txt so this should not be that hard to implement.

To all others with this problem: There are also commandline options to set boardtype and comport.

See arduino manpage.

So you can create a batchfile in your sketchfolder to start the ide with the correct settings or to use a preferences.txt from your sketchfolder.

(P.S. Most of the time I use a batchfile and a preferences.txt in my sketch folder. This way i can even have multiple "arduino" folders with each their own libraries folder keeping attiny and esp8266 projects separated from 328/mega)

Exactly the issue, suggestion and solution for now I have and am looking for. It would be nice to have a feature which will either remember the board and com port set by the user, or the one it last uploaded to. Thank you pgScorpio posting that link, that solution will suffice nicely for now.