Make DC Motor rotation equal to Potentiometer rotation

Hi,

Currently I'm working on a autonomous robot, everything is work well, but i need to add a command. The command is when I twist the POT for 90°, the DC motor will spin equal to 90° too, also if I twist the POT for 45°, the DC motor will spin equal to 45° too. How can I add that command?

Best Regards,
Nuzula

The best would be a steppermotor (with controller) or a 360 deg. servo
The DC-motor is much harder to control as you will need a position feedback

So, is there any way to get a position feedback if I use DC motor? I know about the servo, but I need to do it with DC motor,

knut_ny:
The best would be a steppermotor (with controller) or a 360 deg. servo
The DC-motor is much harder to control as you will need a position feedback

Just in case of confusion “360 deg servo” is often used to mean a continuous rotation servo and that is NOT what you want as its position cannot be controlled.

If you just need motion of less than about 170 degrees then a regular servo will be sufficient.

And a servo will be much easier to use than a stepper motor.

To follow up from Reply #2, a servo is a DC motor with position control. If you want to achieve position control with a DC motor you will need all the extras that a servo already has. And the software is not simple.

…R

If you want to do it with a motor, connect another pot to the motor shaft, so the motor turns the second pot and you can derive distance from resistance (voltage) you see back from it.

Robin2:
Just in case of confusion "360 deg servo" is often used to mean a continuous rotation servo and that is NOT what you want as its position cannot be controlled.

If you just need motion of less than about 170 degrees then a regular servo will be sufficient.

And a servo will be much easier to use than a stepper motor.

To follow up from Reply #2, a servo is a DC motor with position control. If you want to achieve position control with a DC motor you will need all the extras that a servo already has. And the software is not simple.

...R

Why would that be easier to use than a stepper?

fall-apart-dave:
If you want to do it with a motor, connect another pot to the motor shaft, so the motor turns the second pot and you can derive distance from resistance (voltage) you see back from it.

Much easier in theory than in practice.

...R

duykhang2:
Why would that be easier to use than a stepper?

Stepper motors do not know where they are. To send them to a specific position you first need to establish a zero position which is usually done at start-up by driving the motor until it triggers a limit switch.

Also you need a stepper motor driver.

And then you need to install the motor, the switch and the driver and connect everything up and write a suitable Arduino program.

A servo has all that stuff inside it and the Arduino comes with a Servo library that makes them easy to control with one line of code.

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code