Maker Proto Shield?

Hi all, I assembled the Makers Proto Shield this weekend, and everything works fine, except I can't seem to get button 1 to light the green LED. The LED is fine, and is the button. Don't quite understand how it works. The rest of it including the pot works great!

(deleted)

spycatcher2k:
A link to the board? a picture if it top & bottom (close up), and the code you uploaded would be a start.

Is the LED soldered in the correct way?

Yes it is. It lights if I run voltage right to it, also checked the switch with my meter, and it's fine as well. Do I need code to light that LED? I was able to control the brightness of the other LED without code.

Hi, do you have a multimeter.
I suggest you do some reverse engineering and draw yourself a circuit diagram around the switch and LED.
They may not be connected, that way it leaves you free to control the LED by the arduino.

Tom..... :slight_smile:

TomGeorge:
Hi, do you have a multimeter.
I suggest you do some reverse engineering and draw yourself a circuit diagram around the switch and LED.
They may not be connected, that way it leaves you free to control the LED by the arduino.

Tom..... :slight_smile:

Ok, you may be right. Not home right now, but I'll check it out tomorrow. I just thought it was wired like the pot, and other LED. Your probably right.

(deleted)