Making a MIDI stylophone

So im attempting to make a midi stylophone, im following this video essentially to a tee (https://youtu.be/0kv17-3VGlc) but there's no explanation on any of it. I've got the hardware built and I've started off by getting the device to read the analog inputs off of A0. The overall component is a voltage divider circuit with each "key" starting from 0.01v and adding 0.01v to the last "key" giving sending 0.20v. My main problem now is getting it to send a midi signal to my computer, as in the video I am using an arduino Nano Every so I dont believe i can use the MIDIUSB library, at least it hasn't worked for me. I'm just wondering the best method to send the midi signals and how I would translate the analog voltage to a midi signal. Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

@rthunt15

Other post/duplicate DELETED
Please do NOT cross post / duplicate as it wastes peoples time and efforts to have more than one post for a single topic.

Continued cross posting could result in a time out from the forum.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.

Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

Also learn to check your post before hitting POST as it can be frustrating for others to have to try guess a bad link.
Use of line breaks is also a good thing to use too.

To send MIDI just use the MIDI library and send messages over the serial port.
On your laptop you have a helper application, one such is called Hairless. This presents a MIDI interface to your sound generator from the serial input.

Your link to the YouTube video doesn’t work.

Grumpy_Mike:
Your link to the YouTube video doesn’t work.

It works ok for me, and the OP has not amended the post, Mike.

PaulRB:
It works ok for me, and the OP has not amended the post, Mike.

"404 not found" for me.

The link work o.k. if you delete the trailing ). But it's not really worth the trouble.

Steve

Do you have anything MIDI already? Like a keyboard?

If not, it would be wise to get a little-inexpensive keyboard/controller so you know the computer-side is working when it gets a MIDI message. A quick-search found this one for $30 USD.

The overall component is a voltage divider circuit with each "key" starting from 0.01v and adding 0.01v to the last "key" giving sending 0.20v.

I kind-of hate using analog when you really want digital but it's your project so that's up to you.