Making an Arduino act as a wireless microphone

Hi,
I want to make an arduino mega or nano act like a wireless microphone. As far as I know I need a radiomodule/ -shield that can generate square or sinus waves (I don't really know which one) at a frequence of 30 to 40 MHz.
The first problem is that I didn't found a lot modules operating at that frequence. Is the AD9850 usefull for that project? It can generate squarewaves only up to 1 MHz.
The second problem will be to not just send bull**** at that frequence, but this topic can wait for now.

Which waveform does common wireless microphone systems use?
Are the recievers universal once I get the right frequence?
What will be the range of my module and do I need to worry about the power consumption?

Thanks for helping
MJM1212

mjm1212:
Hi,
I want to make an arduino mega or nano act like a wireless microphone. As far as I know I need a radiomodule/ -shield that can generate square or sinus waves (I don't really know which one) at a frequence of 30 to 40 MHz.
The first problem is that I didn't found a lot modules operating at that frequence. Is the AD9850 usefull for that project? It can generate squarewaves only up to 1 MHz.
The second problem will be to not just send bull**** at that frequence, but this topic can wait for now.

You can not transmit square waves. It would splatter signals all over the spectrum.

mjm1212:
Which waveform does common wireless microphone systems use?

Modulated sine wave. Usually FM.

mjm1212:
Are the recievers universal once I get the right frequence?

No. They use different demodulation methods, depending on the modulation method.

mjm1212:
What will be the range of my module and do I need to worry about the power consumption?

It matters little, since your project is basically impossible, as framed. But the answers would be, "it depends" and "it depends".

Start with the proper receiver. It will have the proper frequency marked on it. Get a receiver made in the past 10 years or so because they were forced to change frequencies sometime in the past.

Paul

I want to make an arduino mega or nano act like a wireless microphone.

A completely pointless project. It is not even a "learning project", because all you would learn is that it is pointless to use an Arduino.

I don't think that is a pointless project. If you think about a father trying to listen his baby with something better than a baby monitor, that is an awesome project (and cheaper).

The Arduino is not a wireless transmitter or receiver. So, once you've built (or purchased) a transmitter/receiver it's pointless to add an Arduino.

The Arduino has an ADC (if you're using digital transmission) but you'd be "fighting" with the microcontroller to make use of it.

ookla:
I don't think that is a pointless project. If you think about a father trying to listen his baby with something better than a baby monitor, that is an awesome project (and cheaper).

Sure, something better than a baby monitor might be cool, but it's not going to be made with an Arduino.

Building it yourself will DEFINITELY not be cheaper.