Making an library

Hello all,

I would like to make a library of a piece of code i made so that i can use it more often but keep the script clean. The piece of code is used to get the time from a ntc server but update the time by using millis(); when wifi is not connected (and only get the time twice a day from the internet). Therefor the time will be converted to an int instead of a string. Next to that i had to account for some counting errors because there can for example be no more than 60 seconds in a minute.

The error that it gives me is this error:

C:\Users\Albert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\NTCTime\NTCTimeServer.cpp: In member function 'String Time::TimeUp()':
C:\Users\Albert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\NTCTime\NTCTimeServer.cpp:297:13: error: statement cannot resolve address of overloaded function
   UpdateTime;
             ^
C:\Users\Albert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\NTCTime\NTCTimeServer.cpp: In member function 'String Time::DateUp()':
C:\Users\Albert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\NTCTime\NTCTimeServer.cpp:303:13: error: statement cannot resolve address of overloaded function
   UpdateTime;
             ^
C:\Users\Albert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\NTCTime\NTCTimeServer.cpp: In member function 'String Time::DateTimeUp()':
C:\Users\Albert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\NTCTime\NTCTimeServer.cpp:309:13: error: statement cannot resolve address of overloaded function
   UpdateTime;
             ^
exit status 1
Fout bij het compileren voor board Generic ESP8266 Module

I dont know how to solve this. I have tried putting “Time.”/"Time::"in front of it but i cant figure it out. Can someone help me out?

ESp 8266 time library.zip (4.68 KB)

Sorry, but I will not download a zip file. See the forum guidelines to see how to post code.

Is UpdateTime a function? Does it need parentheses () ?

Why write NTP code for the ESP8266 when it is supported natively, in the core?

aarg:
Why write NTP code for the ESP8266 when it is supported natively, in the core?

is wasnt aware that that was a possibility. thanks, i will look into it.

groundFungus:
Sorry, but I will not download a zip file. See the forum guidelines to see how to post code.

Is UpdateTime a function? Does it need parentheses () ?

I wanted to post the code but the code was too big, therefor i thought i will just upload a zip.
This was indeed one of the remaining problems. I also found the other problem. It is solved now and works. Thanks