Making an old style streaming TV with an arduino

I'm trying to figure out who to create an arduino that will stream a video wifi signal from archive.org in 640 x 480 vga to a screen I also would like to program a menu on it so you can search a menu of videos on archive.org. This is all a project to put in a beautiful old school TV box so it looks like an old tv that runs old movies and TV shows.

1. I don't know which arduino to buy.
    I don't know if I'll need a shield or which one.

I have seen the Camera module that you can attach, but I'd have to figure out how to connect a USB port to that or something.

The main problem I've seen is it's hard for an 8 bit computer to run video so I was thinking of something that was at least 50 Mhz.
The only thing I've ever built was a 40 watt shortwave radio from Heath Kit many many years ago. I only understand modern computer basics but am good at figuring things out.
www.thepoetryactivist.com

The answer is “Don’t buy an Arduino.” A Rasberry pi will probably do what you want. Ben Heck has probably already done one of these projects on his Youtube channel.

Is there any company that produces simple computers that might be easier to understand/ Not that the basics of the Rasberry Pi are hard, It's just one of the reasons I want to build a small computer is to see the most simplistic computer that will produce good video. I don't know how many MHz the Rasberry cpu is but it seems like all I need at the most is 100 Mhz processing. I will definitely go for the rasberry if necessary but am aiming for a simpler one.

i think the arduino is just short of being capable of 640 by 460 as it's maximum speed is 20 MHz and technically you need 24 MHz. Is that correct?

The standard Arduino (ATmega328) has only 2000 bytes of random access memory; far too little for even a single 320x200 by 1 bit black and white image.

Neverthetwain:
i think the arduino is just short of being capable of 640 by 460 as it's maximum speed is 20 MHz and technically you need 24 MHz. Is that correct?

No.

Palindromically No.

You need something like a Raspberry Pi.

There are a number of things like a Raspberry Pi, but the Raspberry Pi is the cheapest and the simplest and the best supported, so (un?)common sense indicates that you use a Raspberry Pi.

Oh dear! Do you really need explanation? :astonished:

To generate an analog stream of 24M tokens per second, you need to execute the necessary processes in order to generate those tokens.

If we assume that it may take, say 20 processor instructions to deliver each token, you require an instruction rate of 480 MIPS. A Raspberry Pi will do that.

Thanks. I’m going to look up tokens.

By "tokens" I am referring to the bytes (or bits) of information that you need to paint each pixel to the display.