Making ECU Tester/Mock Engine

I plan on creating a board which will simulate an engine, IE gives readings which will simlaute RPM, Air Flow ect, which generally uses Voltages and so on.

I plan on then using this to also test ECU by having an LED for each Injector, an Engine management light and so on. What I then plan to do is then output this data to a Program on the PC and have the option to change the values, such as the Throttle Position, change RPM speed, and make the ECU work IE make the injector LED's go faster and stuff.

I have an ECU which i plan on using for the test as well as an Engine Wiring loom which I plan on butchering and have the wires soldered onto a board, and as above have mock sensors using LED's and switches and so on.

My plan to do this is to do ECU modifications such as Remove the immobiliser, create additional Solenoid RPM window switches, and also make some Shift Lights,

Any approches and what kind of equipement would you recommend for this?

Dunno if I can be of much help as my electronic knowledge is fairly limited but here’s my 2pence worth.
For the mock engine I would star by going to the the car the ecu came from, connecting it up and taking readings from the sensors. ( at their varying values if possible).
This way you know what info they need to operate normally.

After you know what inputs are required, recreating them shouldn’t be too difficult. However, recreating things reliant on the actual engine may be tricky. RPM could only really be calculated using coding roughly based on throttle position etc, then fed back in to the sensor. This usually varies greatly based on engine load, air intake, fuel quality…

The throttle input is simply a potentiometer and adjusting it should tell the ecu to increase fuel preasurse, injector timing etc.

Some basics should be straight forward but I think a whole virtual engine will be a good challenge.

what you mayb want to do is attach all the sensors in a working vehicle to an arduino using analogue inputs (suspect more that one arduino, or a version with lots of analogue inputs will be required) and record the values ove a serial port to the pc. Record the data and ‘play it back’ down the ecu. Once u decifer the logged data you could likely adjust as required.

Getting everything to vary together in a realistic manner may be a lot harder though.

For logging all the data to the pc, that should be relatively straight forward. Most modern cars use the standard OBDII diagnostic system. I would just hook that up to a cheap USB interface and that will give you all the information you will ever need. Plenty of software floating around that does just what you need.