Making motor servo with light-dark sensors

Hi,I’m new here. I have a school project to create a controllable motor servo utilizing dark and light sensors. To sum it up, the light and dark sensors read a black and white spectrum to acknowledge the motor’s position.

The general idea is the 2 sensors (my teacher told me to use a photogate,then I went to a shop and it gives me QVA11134) read the black-white gradation as numbers so the dynamo know where its position.
My problem is I have no prior knowledge of electronics,so I don’t know if I’m using the right things. I’ve been searching for this,with the search keyword being “optocoupler”,“phototransistor”,“light-dark sensors”,but none of it uses anything that resembles QVA11134 at all,so I’m quite confused.

The question is,am I using the right things?

The code can wait,I just need to make sure I’m using the right things. And if I already do, how can I connect the two sensors to Arduino? Do I need a PCB and jumper wire like most circuits I see in the internet do? Also if there is anything you think I should learn first,I would be glad to.

Any help is appreciated!

Arduino: Uno

The QVA11134 is a photo interrupter. This is one page that I get when I Google "photo interrupter arduino".

edmundrw:
The question is,am I using the right things?

Why not ask your teacher?

Teachers like questions - it shows that the student is interested.

…R

groundFungus:
The QVA11134 is a photo interrupter. This is one page that I get when I Google "photo interrupter arduino".

Thank you! It seems I'm on the right track.

Robin2:
Why not ask your teacher?

Teachers like questions - it shows that the student is interested.

...R

I actually asked him about it,he says it's fine,but when I ask about how do I connect those pins to Arduino he always implies that he doesn't know and encourages me to find it out.

edmundrw:
he always implies that he doesn't know and encourages me to find it out.

Your teacher probably wants you to learn how to use a product datasheet - that is a very useful skill.

What part of the QVA11134 datasheet do you not understand? If you need help to understand it then please post a link to the datasheet.

...R