Making PC dependent hardware independent

I recent bought a "Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro" (external sound card)to use with my surround sound desktop speakers on my laptop. Of course my laptop only has one head phone port and the speakers have three 3mm jacks that need to be plugged in. Anyway, the sound card will only work when plugged into a USB port on a computer. It seems to play music via the USB cable.

The sound card does have a line in which I could plug into my tv/laptop/phone. I dont want to have to hook the sound card up to my laptop if i just want to listen to music on my phone. I was wondering if it's possible or if anyone could point me in the right direction, if there's a way to program a microprocessor have the software or drivers loaded onto it. So when its plugged into a custom circuit the microprocessor acts as if was the computer so I can just use the line in

Thanks in advance

tyiphius: I was wondering if it's possible or if anyone could point me in the right direction, if there's a way to program a microprocessor have the software or drivers loaded onto it. So when its plugged into a custom circuit the microprocessor acts as if was the computer so I can just use the line in

That would be far beyond the capability of an Arduino and beyond the capability of an inexperienced (and many an experienced) programmer.

Simplest thing is to buy another amplifier/speaker to use when you don't want to use your PC.

...R

Ok, Thanks for the reply!

Have you tried using an AUX cable (3mm headphone plug at both ends) to connect your phone to the Line In jack? You will still need to supply power through the USB jack. If you don’t want to keep your PC powered up you might be able to use a USB charger or powered USB hub to provide power. With the hub you could leave it connected to the PC.