Malfunction uploading sketch

Hello,

I can't upload anny sketch to my arduino uno.

This is the error:

avrdude: Version 5.11, compiled on Sep 2 2011 at 19:38:36 * Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/* * Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch* * System wide configuration file is "F:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"* * Using Port : \.\COM4* * Using Programmer : arduino* * Overriding Baud Rate : 115200* avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] avrdude: Recv: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 avrdude done. Thank you.

It worked fine before. I have windows 7 as operating system. Reinstalled drivers and program. I use the right port and selected the right board.

First i thought i had a bad bootloader problem, so i bought a new ic with a bootloader on. It didn't solve my problem.

I tested the echo. Nothing happens. RX and Tx don't flash at all. Not even when i upload a sketch. Whats wrong?

Is my arduino uno broken? :~

Thanks for the help

Have you tried this more than once? Sometimes something strange happens and you can’t upload the skecth. But the next time, it is working again. Besides, in what order you connect the usb cable and turn on the ide, that matters also.

stevenvdw: First i thought i had a bad bootloader problem, so i bought a new ic with a bootloader on. It didn't solve my problem.

Remove the IC and test the loop back. If that doesn't work then the 16u2 that does USB to Serial has gone bad.

Have you recently connected 12V to the 5V pin of your board? Or changed connections while the board was powered?

Sorry that it took me so long to respond. Was busy.

I'm afraid I made a very stupid mistake. I saw you may power the board from 5 to 12V. I made a kind of shield myself that I can mount on the Arduino. I connected my 12 v through the 5 pin because I thought that the voltage regulator will take care of the overvoltage. So yes I put 12V on the 5V.

So I think I’m screwed now. Very stupid indeed. What can I do now? Did I blew up a chip by doing this? Hope there is a cheaper solution then buying a new one.