Manually Installing a Library

I wrote some C++ code, put it into a .cpp and .h file (and into the proper folder in the proper libraries folder) and tried to install it as a library, following the instructions from here: http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Libraries

But the library doesn’t show up in the Sketch/Import Libraries drop-down as indicated it should in those directions.

I wrote a simple sketch and attempted to include the library in the sketch using a #include statement:

#include <MyLibrary.h>

and it doesn’t work. Not only do references to the class that’s included in the .h file show up as errors in the sketch, but the #include statement is totally ignored. If I do an utterly wrong #include like:

<include

it doesn’t even flag that as an error. It apparently ignores #include statements that it doesn’t properly reference a valid file.

So, HOW do I properly install my own library and get it recognized by the #include statements?

Did you restart the IDE? New libraries will not be recognized until the IDE is restarted.

Regards, Ray L.

can you paste your header file & associated .cpp file.

How did you define library folder .

I wrote some C++ code, put it into a .cpp and .h file (and into the proper folder in the proper libraries folder)

I know that you said you read and followed the instructions and put the library in the proper place but can you please clarify exactly where you put the library folder, exactly what the name of the folder is and the names of the files in it.