Many servos, one pulse train

I had a need for multiple servos to move, each of them, to one of two positions. Selected by switches (or Arduino controlled transistors, etc). I think it can be done with one source of a train of pulses.

Please have a look... will what I've dreamt up work? (I don't imagine there's anything new... but it was new to me.)

Thanks for any feedback...

You seem to understand that servos rotate to a position dictated by variations in a continuous PWM-like pulse stream.
You can send the same pulse stream to multiple servos, and they will all rotate to the same place.
I don't know what they do if they are in position and the pulse stream is removed.
In your example, you show them being dragged back by spring to some start position.
Why not just use the code to move them back to that position before switching the signal to the next mux?
Use a part like 74HC138 and 3 address lines to select which of 8 outputs will mimic the input pulse stream at the G2 enable pin.

Why not just use the code to move them back to that position before switching the signal to the next mux?

The idea is to avoid the hassle of having to cycle through feeds to a mux.... although I suppose the process of "set switch. set next swith. set next..." is almost the same thing. Hmm.

Also: There is no expectation or requirement that they go back between "steps" in the process. A given servo may stay in one of the two available states for many steps on end, or alternate between the two states frequently.

Where the servos do not rotate freely when there is no signal applied, a similar system can be used... and the springs dispensed with...

It merely requires a second "shared" source of a pulse train (different duty cycle), and SPDT switches, "common" wired to the servo. The switches need to be of the "break before make" type, and may, of course, be electronic rather than mechanical.

Thank you for the help!

(The question arose in the course of writing a program to control the warp lifts of a loom. Kinda ironic... "programmable machines began with looms" (according to most introductory computer courses), and the project I'm working on is going back to a loom, replacing the Jacquard punched cards with the contents of an EEPROM! (^_^)