Map Builder Robot

Hello,

I'm working on a robot that scans it's enviroment and draws its map on processing. Do you know any projects similiar to that?

I'm working on a robot that scans it's enviroment and draws its map on processing.

What have you got working? How does the robot "scan it's environment"? How is that data, whatever it is, sent to Processing? What does Processing do with it?

PaulS:

I’m working on a robot that scans it’s enviroment and draws its map on processing.

What have you got working? How does the robot “scan it’s environment”? How is that data, whatever it is, sent to Processing? What does Processing do with it?

Robot has ultrasonic sensor and sends data about its position and distance to walls. Processing draws the map of area.

Sorry about my English.

mbrain: sends data about its position

How does it know its position?

The google car, or the DARPA Grand Challenge entries are good examples of this. I think we are all curious if you have more details on how you intend to build the project.

This thread might give you some idea of the complexity of map building

http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=15714.0

As PeterH said "How does it know its position?", that's a real problem to solve by itself.

Rob

mbrain: Hello,

I'm working on a robot that scans it's enviroment and draws its map on processing. Do you know any projects similiar to that?

There are dozens and dozens and dozens of these on the internet, you can do a google search.