Marlin:33:10: fatal error: Configuration.h: No such file or directory

Hello, this is the error message I get when trying to download a Marlin File.
I am using Arduino IDE

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows Store 1.8.42.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Marlin:33:10: fatal error: Configuration.h: No such file or directory

#include "Configuration.h"

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Configuration.h: No such file or directory

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Since many Arduino sketches consist of only a single .ino file, it's easy to get the impression that the .ino file is the sketch. However, this is not so. It is the folder that is the sketch. An Arduino sketch can consist of multiple files. This is the case with Marlin. So you can't just grab Marlin.ino alone. You need the entire folder, which contains hundreds of files, including Configuration.h.

Hello Pert, firstly, thank you for your response. I am relatively new to this, where would be the best place to download the required file that is complete? I tried various places including a Marlin file I got when I bought my printer. All with the same results .

Again, it's not a matter of a single file. It's a folder that contains hundreds of files. If you're working with a single Marlin.ino file then you're doing it wrong.

The latest versions of Marlin are available for download here:

but note that Marlin is a general purpose 3D printer firmware. It must be configured for your specific printer and the configuration is very complex. It's likely the version provided by the manufacturer of your printer was already configured. It's also likely that you can find instructions for how to configure the stock Marlin you get from the link above. Even though this is a very complex thing that must be done exactly right, the good news is there is a ton of information available on the subject.

Thank you Pert, at least I have some positive direction now

You're welcome. I'm glad if I was able to be of assistance. Enjoy!
Per

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.