Mass Programming ATMEGA with 8 Mhz internal crystal?

I'm getting ready to place a bulk order for a dozen pieces of a gadget I've designed. I've got the prototype running with an ATMega328p on a boardboard using the 8 MHz internal clock, which I managed to do by following the various tutorials online that involve using a custom hardware file, etc.

When I place the bulk order (which I've never done before), I assume they'll want me to upload the hex file of the sketch (since this is a turnkey order - they'll be acquiring the controllers, not me) for mass programming. My question is - will the hex file of my sketch cause the controller to make use of the 8 MHz internal clock the way it's doing for me here? Or is there/are there some other steps I need to do to ensure this happens?

I don't want to send them all the info a few hundred dollars and get a gadget back that doesn't work because it was expecting me to have a 16 MHz crystal somewhere on the board...

Thanks!
Matt

You need to specify all the fuses as well as Flash and perhaps EEPROM. How this is done depends on what software they are using.

uh.... only a dozen? don't bother having them program them! That's just throwing your money away!

Just leave an ISP header on the board so you can upload new code.

Having the manufacturer program the chips is something you consider when the quantities get into the triple digits. With an ISP programmer in one hand. Compose the avrdude command in text editor, paste into console. pogo-pin programmer or header-stuck-into-cabel into isp header, up arrow, enter, rinse repeat. probably 20-30 seconds a board, less if you're doing enough that it gets worthwhile ro optimize the process a little harder

Actually, don't rinse, that'd short out the boards.

DrAzzy:
uh.... only a dozen? don't bother having them program them! That's just throwing your money away!

Just leave an ISP header on the board so you can upload new code.

Having the manufacturer program the chips is something you consider when the quantities get into the triple digits. With an ISP programmer in one hand. Compose the avrdude command in text editor, paste into console. pogo-pin programmer or header-stuck-into-cabel into isp header, up arrow, enter, rinse repeat. probably 20-30 seconds a board, less if you're doing enough that it gets worthwhile ro optimize the process a little harder

Actually, don't rinse, that'd short out the boards.

I'm planning on doing a dozen now as a trial run, then larger orders later if it works as expected

It is still advisable to have a method of easily accessing the ISP pins so you can do updates, unless you are including the bootloader and a serial/USB interface.

For larger production you can also set up a standalone ISP programmer, generally faster and less work than doing it through a PC.