Matching Saved Data

So I'm making a GPS guided robot. My GPS raw data is sent wireless to my pc for processing (RTK). At the same time I take the GPS reading, I will take a tilt sensor reading and save it to either eeprom or a sd card. I'm not sure how to match up the saved tilt sensor data with the processed GPS data that is received. Timestamp won't work I don't think because I can't have the timestamp on the GPS data. Any help is greatly appreciated!

When you say RAW GPS data is this the ASCII string received from the GPS module that might look something like this...

$GPRMC,225446,A,4916.45,N,12311.12,W,000.5,054.7,191194,020.3,E*68

The GPS data contains the time (in this case the 225446) so you might be able to strip out this number and save it with the tilt reading. Another option is to include the tilt reading in the GPS data your sending to the PC.

hmmm. I don't think I could send the tilt sensor readings with the gps data as RTKLIB wouldn't know what to do with it. Saving the timestamp with the tilt data was my original plan. Any way to compare the processed gps data to the saved tilt sensor time? Is there an easy way of searching through a saved file and finding a matching portion of a string?

dk12651: Saving the timestamp with the tilt data was my original plan. Any way to compare the processed gps data to the saved tilt sensor time? Is there an easy way of searching through a saved file and finding a matching portion of a string?

Are we talking about matching/searching on a PC or on an Arduino? If you have kept the serial GPS data passed to the PC then maybe a spreadsheet program could load this CSV data and the SD card tilt data and sort the data on the timestamp columns.