Matlab-Arduino serial port, sending-reading multiple variables at the same time?

Hello,
Im trying to read sensor data from arduino with matlab via serial port.
Then I have to send some variables back to arduino so that it uses them for controlling the whole process.

I read this:
http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/tutorials/how-to-diy-128/complete-control-of-an-arduino-via-serial-3300/?page=2

and this:
http://allaboutee.com/2011/07/04/how-to-send-data-from-matlab-to-your-arduino/

But matlab will calculate al least 9 variables called: LSCb,LCb,LICr,LSCr,LCr,LICr,LSCv,LCv and LICv.

I want to know if there's a way in which i could send all the variables at once (i need them all at the same time) via serial port, read and store them (again all at the same time) in arduino memory.

Thanks you!

You can't send them "all at the same time" via the serial port -- by definition, they have to be sent one after another, one bit at a time.

jremington:
You can’t send them “all at the same time” – by definition, they have to be sent one after another via the serial port.

How do I do that? Is there a chance to loose some information in the process?
I want to know how to read in arduino the variables so none is lost

Review this tutorial: Serial Input Basics.

I will, thanks.

jremington:
Review this tutorial: Serial Input Basics.

Thanks for the information, do you know any tutorial like this but for sending multiple data? I was looking for it but i didn't find anything.

Azzimutt:
Thanks for the information, do you know any tutorial like this but for sending multiple data? I was looking for it but i didn’t find anything.

I had hoped that would be obvious from the receiving code.

For example you can send <num1, num2> with

Serial.print('<');
Serial.print(num1);
Serial.print(',');
Serial.print(num2);
Serial.print('>');

…R

Then I have to send some variables back to arduino so that it uses them for controlling the whole process.

You can NOT do that. You can send the VALUE that is stored in a variable. What you say you want to do is like sending a post office box, rather than a letter. The post office is not going to accommodate you. The Arduino can't send a memory location, either.