Matrix Arrows controlled by two Push Buttons

Hi guys, how you´re doing?

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this, and making Arduino a great community of guidance.
I´m new at this, and I’m trying to learn a lot. But I have some issues.

I will try to explain my project, so you can understand what I’m trying to get. I have to make a code for all those groups of persons who enjoy night walks.

This code will show some arrows pointing toward when any button is pushed, however, if the right button is pushed, it will change the direction of the arrows to the right; it will happen on the same way when the left button is pushed but now it will turn to the left. But if the two buttons are pushed together, they will show a message saying “STOP”.

I made all the 4 instructions separated on different files, the problem is that I don´t know how to join them in one file, and even I don´t know how to declare and make functional the two buttons.

I will upload the 4 files, If some could be so kind as to help me, I will thank you a lot.

Again, thank you for all the support.

Todo_Arriba.ino (4.8 KB)

Todo_Derecha.ino (4.82 KB)

Todo_Izquierda.ino (4.86 KB)

Todo_Stop.ino (2.35 KB)

First lesson, post your code inline, so we can see it. Second lesson, your description is a bit vague what is left and right, what does the program do? When does it do it? If you just want to change the display when buttons are pushed, that’s pretty easy with a single chunk of code. Are there any external influences that can affect the program? There are tutorials for merging programs, but I don’t think that will be appropriate - you need to start again with a single program that looks at the two switches, and chooses to display one of your messages.

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum. http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html . Then look down to item #7 about how to post your code. It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Thanks... Tom... :)

all your button detentions and inputs should definitely be in the same sketch or code block. then spread to whatever other libraries or functions necessary from there. as you wish to accomplish more advanced things organization and keeping things in sections is very important in software development. otherwise when something doesnt work you wont know where to fix it.

obviously if you cant find or don't have the time to find where the button presses are in 4 sketches. then i can't or dont have the time either. helpfull advice would be that the best way to get answers on any forum is to make the question as easy to answer as possible for the reader.

I have no clue what you are trying to do with your project in the four sketches that you have but it seems organization is pry the problem. I have much advanced coding experience and if you give more detail i would love to recommend an approach or "system" that is the most proficient and simple for whatever you are doing and make future problems easy to locate.