MAV electronic component

Hello,

I am interested in making an MAV below 25 grams.
Attached picture file shows some modules which I am using.

My MAV consists of BLDC motor, ESC, IMU & barometer, Arduino pro mini, servo, and battery (1cell 140mAh). As you can see, one lithium-polymer battery supplies power to every part.

With these modules, the performance which I want is only achieved during 10 seconds because of low battery.

What I want is to decrease the weight of my platform. I think that BLDC(2g), ESC(0.37g), and servo(1.2g) are very light. I consider replacing Arduino-pro mini and IMU & Barometer to other flight control (FC) board.

Would you recommend a small and light FC board?
I ask you for advice to solve my problem.

Thanks.

Use a battery with higher capacity and discharge rating.

seungwan: Hello,

Would you recommend a small and light FC board? I ask you for advice to solve my problem.

Thanks.

Best place to ask is the rocketry forums. They have already addressed this issue and custom lightweight boards are available

They have processor , barometer compassIMU ETC. For a MAV however you will have the need for a motor esc. I know of no commercially available units for this.

MAV manufacturers build their own boards, not a job for a beginner by a long way.

Very small craft use brushed slotless coreless motors which are lighter - you can use a single MOSFET or transistor per motor for PWM control, don’t need a separate ESC.