Maximum Limitations regarding Amps on Analog Input

I have an external contraption I have made with a series of electrical components and I would like to tie it into the analog input on the Arduino. The contraption is powered by a computer power supply I pulled from an abandoned machine and gives, get this, 5 Volts at 30 Amps of power according to the side panel of the power supply. Thats like 150 Watts right? hmmmm.... If I hook this up to the inputs on the Arduino am I going to instantly fry it? What is the maximum, in Watts or Amps x Volts, DC signal that the Arduino can safely handle regarding the analog inputs. I`ve looked for some tolerances in the Forum and on the Arduino website, but found nothing that states it. Can someone please advise. Thank you, -Steven

Voltage is pushed. Current is pulled.

Imagine going to the ocean with a straw. You are pulling water in through the straw. It's your ability to pull water that is important, not the amount of water available to be pulled. That's the way that the Arduino is with current. A 500mA power supply is the same as a 30A power supply.

Now, if you are pulling water with a 500 horsepower engine driven pump, and trying to pull water from a thimble, you'll run out of water pretty quick. That's what a servo being powered by an Arduino pin looks like.

Interesting analogy. If I understand correctly, The amps listed on the supply indicate the energy (water) reservoir available to be....ahem....pulled through the straw, pipe, thimble, or whatever contraption you hook up to it. great to know. thank you. im going to have to ponder on that one a bit. its taking a while to really sink in. Will try to conceptualize my desire to drink the beer I just opened and relate it to my appetite in amps. And the statement "voltage is pushed"...perhaps you have a moment to enlighten me with an analogy regarding it. Extremely helpful, [u]thank you[/u]. -Steven